New 197'er from Belgium

Just got my second hand 197 this weekend. After owning a 106 gti for a couple of years, I had to sell it because I had to drive 100km to work each day.

Now I got closer to my house, only 4km drive, so it was back time for a fast hothatch.:smiley:

So here it is. I know he's dirty, but the pics have been taken juste after a testdrive in the small muddy country roads ::thumbup:

First things i noticed:

-this thing STICKS to the road
-In tight turns it seems to be abit light on the rear (when you hit a small roundabout, you push down the gas and you give a short twist on the steering wheel, it oversteers fast, are they common to do that? Even with ESP on?)
-those brembo's are awesome
-no wind/air getting in the car when reaching 170km/h or above (unlike my gti:001_rolleyes:smile:
-Pics don't do them justice, they seem so much beefier in real life :smile:

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

Welcome...just a question...what´s with the front bumper? i´ve never seen such fog lights on 197...

It are the rally foglights from the Clio R3 that they some times put on the bumper, they are turned slightly outward to better see where to cut in the corner :wink:
I can tell you, these things give alot of light :wink:

Welcome to the site! Those fog lights are quite different. Like em. :wink:

What´s the story behind the nickname though?

Welcome to the site! Those fog lights are quite different. Like em. :wink:

What´s the story behind the nickname though?

Hehe, euhm...

When I started mountainbiking about 12 years ago. I had hydraulic magura brakes on my mountainbike (I think discs didn't even exist) instead of regular brakes.

So all my mates started asking questions about it because they'd never seen brakes like this.

And then one says: that's pretty cool, from now I'll call you Hydraulic Man.:smiley:

Then I started using that name on the mtb boards that I subscribed to and now I've been using it ever since.

Has nothing to do with cars :wink:

Ah, okay. In ´98 there were disc brakes, but most of them were rubbish. I know this because I used to race mtb in the "Stevens Cup" at the time. But haven´t been sitting on a bike since 8 years or so. :rolleyes:

Anyway, was just curious because I´m in the hydraulic business :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions