Need some assistance on front bumper issues!!

Jamesb93

Gold Member
His everyone, I seem to be having a bit of a pickle trying to source the right fixings for my clio 200 front bumper! I'm after whatever it is that holds the middle section of the front bumper to the bumper itself?

Here should be an image of exactly what part I mean...

DSC_0274.jpg

Obviously I can fit my finger in-between which isn't great, it looks as if there should be something there to hold it up flush with the rest of the bumper but not sure what that is?

Any help will be much appreciated thanks guys!!

Last edited:
They are self tapping screws, you will have to take the bumper off to get to them though,

I've done it a few times, yours may have rusted away, or someone may have had the bumper in bits previously and not put it back together properly

look like this
attachment.php

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/982aa3340

Attachments

• 982aa3340.jpg
    982aa3340.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 79
Your a life save mate thanks alot!! I had the bumper resprayed not to long ago so I think your right, either they have rusted away since then or the sprayer didn't put them back in and I just never noticed.

Again thanks alot for the info!

Somewhat on topic......

How hard is it to remove the bumper and lip underneath (Black bits on my car !!!!) for respraying purposes (I've know a great sprayer but i think he'll want me to take it off and bring in for him).

If it's the same as a 197 it's a doddle m8 couple of 10 mm bolts at each side and about 4 underneath. Mind to take the splash gourds behind the off at the front and take the fog lights multiplugs off. There is a how to I am sure on it.

The main front black bit ( that houses the reg) is a major chew to get off you have deconstruct your full bumper just about and drill rivets out,

the splitter is easy and the blade is from memory, can undo that with with the fog light covers off and the bumper off

I had to tear mine right down to put the carbon front end on, and have done it a few times for Re-laquering, the clips are the worst that hold everything in place, I've managed to get a full tear done in about 45mins but I've done it 4-5 times now, but for the first attempt budget two hours

Helpful guys - cheers.

Luckily my mechanic is 2 doors up from my sprayer.

Think i might keep them both busy...........

Similar Thread Suggestions