Nankang NS-2R Review

Delivered from abroad from a non authorised dealer so absolutely no comeback if you have a technical issue.

Nankang UK are working at the minute to cut the European supply of a number of similar unauthorised traders doing the same thing.

So you're saying that Delticom are not an authorised distributor for Nankang? Sorry, but that doesn't sound correct. I can't see that a half a billion Euro business who sells a Nankang tyres in bulk (plus distributes their motorcycle tyres) can be classified as a "non authorised dealer".

With regard to Nankang UK, that just looks like a privately owned uk company who have acquired the rights to distribute Nankang in the UK, and they're not owned by Nankang. If they're trying to stop "unauthorised" traders selling into the uk, it sounds more like they're trying to stop people undercutting them so they can hold onto their margins. Whilst Delticom may not be a Nankang UK authorised distributor, that does not mean they're not a Nankang authorised distributor.

As tyre standards are now controlled at a European level, I can't see that by purchasing from mainland Europe you're going to end up with a tyre that's sub-standard compare to one purchase from a uk "distributor", so there's no higher risk of having a technical problem with the tyre.

With regard to Nankang UK, that just looks like a privately owned uk company who have acquired the rights to distribute Nankang in the UK, and they're not owned by Nankang. If they're trying to stop "unauthorised" traders selling into the uk, it sounds more like they're trying to stop people undercutting them so they can hold onto their margins. Whilst Delticom may not be a Nankang UK authorised distributor, that does not mean they're not a Nankang authorised.

That's basically how just about every global business operates. Each area or country has its own distributor whether that be a private company or not makes no difference.

The issue here is that minimum prices are set in accordance to agreements with Nankang to protect the brand value and to protect all the UK dealers so that price wars are averted. We sell at the minimum allowed by Nankang UK, we have to pay carraige to deliver these to customers but to keep our price competitive we do not pass this cost onto our customers unlike some other companies. Apologies for trying to save you money.

In the case of a 'Technical Problem' is not that you run a greater risk its actualy getting it resolved if you do experience a problem. You maybe able to get a refund from Delticom themselves if you try but I seriously doubt Nankang will be interested as the company is selling out of their territory.

Last edited:
so the medium compound tyre is out of stock?

We have none, Nankang UK have none and we've been advised that UK authorised dealers don't have any. As people have pointed out you can get them from European suppliers but as advised your guarantee will rest solely with the supplier and not Nankang.

For technical issues as an authorised UK dealer we have the backing of Nankang should you need it.

Just had a pair of NS-2R's fitted to the front, just a shame it was hammering down with rain on the way back!

Brilliant steering feedback, much better than the Hankook V12's I took off, with just a little increase in road noise.

Got them at 32 psi is that about right?

IMG_0571-001.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at getting these tyres fitted but slightly worried about harshness and noise. The car is my daily drive and I do roughly 70 miles (mostly motorway) a day commute, looking at noise ratings its similar to my current conti sports but harshness on top of cup suspension will this be an issue?

Looking at getting these tyres fitted but slightly worried about harshness and noise. The car is my daily drive and I do roughly 70 miles (mostly motorway) a day commute, looking at noise ratings its similar to my current conti sports but harshness on top of cup suspension will this be an issue?
It's not an issue bud been runningmy nankangs 60miles a day on b-roads and haven't noticed any harshness or increased road noise the stiffer sidewall is barely noticeable on the road IMO but I've always liked a stiffer ride