My Ultra Red 200: Corrected and protected.

I finally had time to tackle this today; since picking the car up on Tuesday I've had limited time to do anything meaningful to it, protection-wise.

So with the day set aside I washed it with Dodo Juice - Born To Be Mild Shampoo using the 2BM.
Decontaminated with Iron-X, agitated with various VP brushes and then re-washed to rinse.
Wheels foamed with Bilberry and left to dwell. Brushed with an EZ-Clean brush on the insides.
Pat-dried with a Beluga drying towel.
Wheels sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant.
The interior was vacuumed and all interior trim cleaned and protected with Auto Glym interior.

The car was then taped up and DA'd all over using Scholl finishing compound and a Scholl finishing hexipad.
I didn't want to risk anything more harsh as the paint's still very new and therefore very soft. I achieved about 80% correction, so still very good.
The Scholl was then buffed off and Amigo was applied by DA to the whole car.
The Amigo was then buffed off. Amigo is now my new favourite product - Brilliant stuff!

Two layers of Zymol Carbon was then applied to the entire car (this took ages) and left for 25 minutes before buffing off.
The tyres were then dressed with two coats of Wolfgang's Tyre Gel.

Phew.

Then after spending the whole day on it, I didn't want to drive it far, so here are some pictures from the end of the road.

Sorry about the essay, but some people like reading about the process.

I need to fit my black centre caps, so ignore the anthracite ones. Bloody Renault. lol. HIDs are going in ASAP, too.

Loving everything about the car already. I'm 300 miles into ownership and I'm already really attached to it.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

be7ccb3a.jpg

e5f60360.jpg

06702d4f.jpg

e9bed14f.jpg

b25f7dff.jpg

29aad8a3.jpg

Looks amazing, that's the spec I would have gone for if I wasn't in a hurry to pick up a car, If I ordered it would have arrived when I was out of the country and I'd have been car-less for 3 months! **** that lol.

This makes me want to start changing mine!

I won't though, Just gonna drive it to within an inch of its life when I'm home.

Looks great! Did you find the ultra red a bitch to correct? I found it hard to machine polish the scratches out yet very easy to put swirls in even with brand new microfibres, I know Russ has had big problems with ultra red too

Cheers chaps.

I found it fairly easy to correct, mainly because there wasn't a lot to correct. lol.

I only used a finishing pad and some very fine compound. With the paint being new I didn't want to risk marring/hologramming it with the DA.

They're just the factory tints mate. They look loads lighter in person; those pictures make them look very dark because the car's in the shade.