my rs 200 cup "busy under braking"

so my 61 plate clio RS200 cup is on about 3500 miles total now, and ive noticed a few times that if im gunning it uptoa say a roundabout and give it some very heavy braking it seems to want to wander from side to side a little. seems unusal.
this is on roads i drive daily for the last 16 years and ive had about 15 cars in that time so can honestly say its noticeable in the clio more than other hot hatches ive had...

the comment "busy under braking" was used to describe a B7 RS4 in Evo mag i think and i can only imagine it was a similar feeling to this.

anyone else experienced this? wondered if its something characteristic of the fancy perfo hub things...(sure id read the rs200 clio has them...correct me if im wrong)

cheers

I'm not sure it's the hubs, they're more for dealing with torque steer (so laughable on the Clio tbh :tongueout: ).

They do feel a fit fidgety under hard braking though, the brakes are pretty beefy for a small car though so it's sort of expected imo. Nothing to worry about, though maybe give the brakes a clean and see if that helps, the standard pads chuck out a load of dust.

all the clio sports ive had have been like this...

when you break hard you have pretty much the whole weight of the car going onto the front brakes.

its probably just the tyres squashing down and moving around a bit... might be worth checking ure tyre pressures, but i dont think its anything to worry about

I'm not sure it's the hubs, they're more for dealing with torque steer (so laughable on the Clio tbh :tongueout: ).

They do feel a fit fidgety under hard braking though,

yeah the geometry of the hub design was all i could think of that would have a effect but im aware their for reducing torque steer on acceleration... just brainstorming it as i drove along...

all the clio sports ive had have been like this...

when you break hard you have pretty much the whole weight of the car going onto the front brakes.

cool, at least im not alone in this feeling...during brainstorming i was thinking that maybe its a little 'over-braked' but i can live with that.

the DC5 integra type r i had, had (visually) identical brembo's and they were superb on road and track...and actually it was similar kerb weight tbh...

i'll put up with it though

thanks for response

Definately check the tyre pressures. Mine was like this when the pressures were wrong. Corrected them and now it's straight and true during heavy braking.

Your not breaking hard enough then!

It's fine mate, shift down at the same time and it will squirm even more!!

Do a track day with instruction and if you don't you won't make the bend.

When I first brought my 200, I did a heavy braking session to a halt once when someone span out in front of me in the rain and the clio was extremely tricky - I put it down to the poo weather but it probably is a characteristic of the car :/

i think its a clio trait mine done it. once you get really used to it you can set the car up for a corner on the brakes takes a bit of skill though so it try it on a track first unlike me lol

your basicly standing the car on its nose, all the weight is off the back so the momentum of the rear of the car is trying to push itself round

That's cool then lads thanks, checked and set pressures correctly ( as per the petrol flap recommendations ) the other week. So that's as right as it should be

So long as its common ill live with it / learn to drive to it

Definitely planning on getting on track with it. Had previous cars on track was even shown (by instructor) trail braking in my Westfield.....which was and is nice. Haha

As said they do tend to make the rear end light. However mind was waving more than usual turned out the inside pad was sticking and needed a strip and clean . Yours should ne ok having only done a few miles but mite be worth checking

Agree that its the rear end getting extremely light.

You don't notice it anything like as much on aftermarket suspension, guess this is because the front isn't dipping as much so you've therefore got more weight over the rear.