My quote from Renault after the hail stome in Leicester

Well after the freak weather we had last week my car took a bit of a battering :thumbdown:

I took it into Renault Leicester for a quote and the repair cost was £5224 :blush:hmy:

Its covered by the insurance so not all bad, i havnt a clue if the will repair of write it off??

Whats your thoughts??

Its a 197 F1 in black 57 plate done 46k Full history and was MINT before :blush:mg:

i dunno i had a 58 plate RB i brought brand new in 09

2 years on with 35,000 miles on the clock

a woman smashed into the front end,resulting in £4000 worth of damage,
had it repaired but wasnt happy afterwards so i sold it

i dunno i had a 58 plate RB i brought brand new in 09

2 years on with 35,000 miles on the clock

a woman smashed into the front end,resulting in £4000 worth of damage,
had it repaired but wasnt happy afterwards so i sold it

Yeah but the book value of your car at that time would have been a fair bit more than Marcus' current value. If it's not ''economically viable'' to the insurer they will write it off. If, for example Marcus' car is worth £5,500 trade-in then at £5,224 they'd just call it a day and give him a cheque instead. It's really down to how they value the car on the day I'm afraid. :worried:

I imagine yours would've been worth around £12,00 at that time?

ah ok i see what your saying mate didnt think of it like that lol

well hopefully they dont write it off

Would be nice to see it repaired but what sort of job they going to do???

If u love the car if they write it off buy it back off the insurance get your pay out and get it repaired yourself

I wouldn't claim... The price you'll pay in insurance with 0NCB will cost way more than 5k. Since the fire, I pay 5k per year in insurance!!!

I'd see if you can get it done privately mate...

I wouldn't claim... The price you'll pay in insurance with 0NCB will cost way more than 5k. Since the fire, I pay 5k per year in insurance!!!

I'd see if you can get it done privately mate...

It wont as i have protected no claims :tongue_smilie:

i ment about the 0 NCB, yeah i know it will go up but it wont go up by a massive amount

thats subjective to what the insurance will cost you..

protected ncb is a bit of a con - just another way to get some more money out of you

you can have 65% ncb but they can put it up enough to make it like 0% ncb