My new race car.

Can you run standalone ecu in clubman ?

Theres also trim / carpet required and a cat, the battery also needs to be in its original location

It will be interesting to see the times of another Clio in TA

Trofeos turned out to be a decent tyre but not at the pressures recommended by pirelli

We used p zero road tyres for the wet and they were pretty good also

i have given full specs to Simon who has checked with Mike and the condenses was the managment, battery location dash is not going to improve the lap times in any way , lets face it when it comes to power the clio is poor , i would be more than happy in a different class but it needs to be somewhere the car actually stands a chance.

I would agree regarding battery location, the standalone ecu will give you some benefit over standard ecu remapped, what about trim, door cards, carpet and cat ?

When we fitted a rear cage we asked Simon if it was ok to remove the rear trim, he checked with Mike and said it was ok. Each time it was scrutineered after that they always commented on the rear trim and if we had run all season 2017 we would have been told to refit it.

It's a pity in 2016 that chris' competition was a 300+ bhp civic turbo. It's was close between chris and the rx8.

I do agree to a point chris but i also think it must be hard as there are many cars in the wrong places which makes it difficult to place other cars.

I would agree regarding battery location, the standalone ecu will give you some benefit over standard ecu remapped, what about trim, door cards, carpet and cat ?

When we fitted a rear cage we asked Simon if it was ok to remove the rear trim, he checked with Mike and said it was ok. Each time it was scrutineered after that they always commented on the rear trim and if we had run all season 2017 we would have been told to refit it.

Where else does a clio fit lol in club where there are 400-600 bhp cars lol. this is the problem imo i have double and triple checked with Simon but i will ask once again before commuting to the year , if not will just go back to European time attack.

As far as the map on standard ecu you are talking 1 or 2 hp peak gains looking at what was in there this year it would still be 80 hp down lol.

We came to the conclusion that we had actually selected the wrong vehicle to use for TA. In 2015 it was a NA group - ideal for the Clio but even then they allowed a modified diesel in the group at Rockingham. In 2016 it was open to turbo cars. I guess it's not easy to group different cars. Some of it will come down to how many cars there are in the group

Pocket rocket too 2.0 would be ideal really! Least the 2.0 n/a cars can drop in but still got issue with turbo’s cars unless make 2 classes turbo and n/a.

If was a class then may get
More entries

New tyres arrived to start testing and setting the car up as the current tyres are just not up to the job.

Attachments

• 20171114_130605.jpg
    20171114_130605.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27