My new engine work!!!!!

was great to meet you guys today ( Kev , Rich and Matt ) such a shame the car didnt make the expected power ( Yet) the induction noise is imense and the work gone in to doing this engine work is A1 perfection . let me know when your going back mate see if i can pop up again :thumbup1:

Yeah was good to see you pal, your car looks and sounds gorgeous, and comfy seats too :worried:

Right boys and girls..... Car is unwell, went in with 170 BHP running way rich, spat tons of carbon all over the workshop which has ruined my cat and lambda.....

Matts ECU got the car back to 191 but still way off power and torque (although the torque curve is beautiful). We have a couple of theorys..

1. Cam timing is way out, car is headbutting the limiter at 7750 and still making power not leveling off like it used to. This being after it went into the dealers with a cam cover leak, they say they didnt do anything (which they may not have). Also it is allowing loads of spark advance and not dropping any power at any point!

2. Valve seat damage... It seams that the matched inlets were not washed out by the guy that did them (despite no traces of ali visable) must have been hiding all the powdered ali in the top or bottom of the ports. This ali has now made its way through my engine and has been found in my cat!!!

We are checking the cam timing on Sat so will go from there.

On the upside, its still 21BHP up on the 170 and the fueling is bang on the money. VVT comes in gradualy from 5500ish and it sounds like an absolute animal, its so loud. Never heard a 197 or Rsport like it TBH, only thing that similar was GDIs 197 on bodies!!

lol at the comfy seats :lol: took longer than expected to get back hit traffic about 10 miles before my exit :@ hopefully next time we meet the car will be running right on the rollers! good luck in finding the problem that kept us all confused most of the afternoon

lol at the comfy seats :lol: took longer than expected to get back hit traffic about 10 miles before my exit :@ hopefully next time we meet the car will be running right on the rollers! good luck in finding the problem that kept us all confused most of the afternoon

Cheers pal! Im down on Sat BTW :wink:

One of the car on the dyno, camera doesnt do it justice it sounds so good in real life!

One of an attempted 0-100 but I fluffed it, spins in 2nd then 3rd at 70 and then I hit the limiter, I was trying to multi task and steer out from the layby on my private road whilst reording!! Fail