My GW 197 - Mega Update PG3 4/1/13

As I said when I joined a week ago I wanted a 197 with the recaros and speedlines in white.

I had my eye on this car for a while and made an offer, which was accepted.

The Chap seems to think its a 197 with cup pack but my insurance think that it' a cup and so does my reg check. It doesn't have key cards or cruise control but does have A/c so I'm unsure.

I got it cheaper than the advertised price of 7550 to 6800. Reason being, it's just over due a service, tax is out this month and the hero :whatever: tyres on the front are racing slicks and the 18 year old who owned it couldn't insure it and wanted rid. He had swapped it for his bmw convertible :/

Pic - phone pics for now. More to follow when I clean it and borrow a camera.

2012-10-04171142.jpg
2012-10-04140206.jpg
2012-10-04140158.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

2009 Clio 197 cup or with cup pack - to be confirmed?
41,600 on the clock.
FSH
A/c
Recaros
Spoiler
Exhaust tips :/ :sleep:- think they will come off.

Mods for the future

Immediately I am ordering new tyres for the front - hancook seem to be the way forward if I'm reading right.
Then a service

Then a gap while I pay off my astra gearbox :/

Then
Miltek with decat
H&r Springs
Lower lip
Skirts

Then on track at some point maybe.

Last edited:
Definitely a Cup .... but a nice example in a rare colour for a 197! The easiest way to tell is the conventional key start, the unpainted black plastic trims & the lack of soft-touch plastics inside! :smile:

Exhaust tips are jubilee clipped on so will be off when cold so I can wd40 them off. They would be almost ok if they didn't stick out an inch or two from the rear and also point up.

I don't mind exhaust trims (I've got them on mine). but those ones are a bit much. If you want replacements just have a search through the site theres a load of members with different types. :smile:

I don't mind exhaust trims (I've got them on mine). but those ones are a bit much. If you want replacements just have a search through the site theres a load of members with different types. :smile:

They will be replaced....with a miltek, eventually. Will look at other tips for now though...cheers

I've got the official RenaultSport tips mate, they're smaller than a lot of the ebay ones but they have RenaultSport etched in to the top of them which is nice. Also if you do a proper job of fitting them they sit quite far back... Heres some picture whoring of my car with them on :smiley: :

7788433294_6afabb79ba_b.jpg
IMG_6252 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

7788372200_fb11a14ac3_b.jpg
IMG_6429 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

I'm not sure if Renault still supply them? Maybe pop a thread up in the "ASK KARL" section he's a Renault parts guy (and a top bloke by all accounts).

If not have a search on eBay for RenaultSport exhaust trims :smile:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-197-F1-R27-Rear-Exhaust-Trims-Tailpipe-Chrome-New-/400318966836?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARenault&hash=item5d34deac34#ht_791wt_952

I've got the official RenaultSport tips mate, they're smaller than a lot of the ebay ones but they have RenaultSport etched in to the top of them which is nice. Also if you do a proper job of fitting them they sit quite far back... Heres some picture whoring of my car with them on :smiley: :

7788433294_6afabb79ba_b.jpg
IMG_6252 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

7788372200_fb11a14ac3_b.jpg
IMG_6429 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

I'm not sure if Renault still supply them? Maybe pop a thread up in the "ASK KARL" section he's a Renault parts guy (and a top bloke by all accounts).

If not have a search on eBay for RenaultSport exhaust trims :smile:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-197-F1-R27-Rear-Exhaust-Trims-Tailpipe-Chrome-New-/400318966836?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARenault&hash=item5d34deac34#ht_791wt_952

Good man! Thanks bud :biggrin:

Looks great, got the three best options for a cup.

AC, Recaros and speedlines. :thumbup1:

Front end is lovely. Not a fan of the cup spoiler and the upswept tips though

neatly cut the upsweep off the end of the tips mate and put them back on...

worth a try,guessing they'll only end up in the bin away