200T: My first real drive in my 200t

nutnutwelshman

Gold Member
Hi did the Blacks&Brecons run yesterday was not sure about the car really so in race mod it outstanding so much confidence with the gear box.You need to get it by the stuff of the neck and just enjoy it so much grip in the corners just a fantastic car roll on Spa

Great cars. Just to avoid any sudden 'oh shyte' moments, I just brake hard in to the corner and accelerate out of it, that way there's no real problem with entering it too fast. If you get a twichy bum on the exit of the corner all you have to do is release the throttle.

glad you enjoyed it ....people say lots of stuff about the new 200t,but bet half of it,its not true...

my opinion: it's way less exciting and lacking precision in steering and throttle compared to my previous clio 200. but it's still equally fast on road and track.

so for people who never enjoyed a 200 with the agile n/a engine and that fancy torque-steer killing front suspension, Im sure it feels sensational :smile:

Great cars. Just to avoid any sudden 'oh shyte' moments, I just brake hard in to the corner and accelerate out of it, that way there's no real problem with entering it too fast. If you get a twichy bum on the exit of the corner all you have to do is release the throttle.

That's terrible advice about releasing the accelerator, you'll just induce oversteer. If the car is already struggling for grip more load transfer isn't going to be good.

Better advice is to drive within your limits on public roads.

That's terrible advice about releasing the accelerator, you'll just induce oversteer. If the car is already struggling for grip more load transfer isn't going to be good.

Agreed, have you seen the lift off oversteer moments on youtube with the cup race cars at Spa?!

I concur Kevin, I loved my old 200 Silverstone, but my 200T is so different, the gearbox moves it on a level and doesn't detract one bit. In race mode it simply flies :smile:

Sorry I missed the run out yesterday!

Simon.

Lmfao you're trying to give me advice on a day I just came back from, doing this all day. I had no problem with oversteer and if you do, just be quick to correct it. If you're a half decent driver, it's really not hard to correct lmao.

I do agree with your comment about driving within your limits, and I always do. Typically on a fast road, you're not going to be going fast enough to induce oversteer anyway.

Fast road and Racing are two entirely different things.

But yeah, advice is advice, you don't always have to agree.

So you're saying you shouldn't lift off the throttle and just keep heading in to and around the corner fast yes? Otherwise, as I said.

I'd love to have the 200t gearbox, fun as hell and you can't mess any of the shifts up! Especially when a 200 box likes to **** themselves.

Last edited:
Lmfao you're trying to give me advice on a day I just came back from, doing this all day. I had no problem with oversteer and if you do, just be quick to correct it. If you're a half decent driver, it's really not hard to correct lmao.

I do agree with your comment about driving within your limits, and I always do. Typically on a fast road, you're not going to be going fast enough to induce oversteer anyway.

Fast road and Racing are two entirely different things.

But yeah, advice is advice, you don't always have to agree.

So you're saying you shouldn't lift off the throttle and just keep heading in to and around the corner fast yes? Otherwise, as I said.

I'd love to have the 200t gearbox, fun as hell and you can't mess any of the shifts up! Especially when a 200 box likes to **** themselves.

Your advice was to release the throttle. If you've been doing that all day I hope you never drive anywhere near me.

Feathering the throttle is a completely different concept but if you are having issues 'twitchy bum moments', as you put it, regularly you are consistently applying the power too early.

I've read a few of your threads when you first got the car and the impression I get is you aren't a 'half decent driver' I just hope your luck doesn't run out.

[MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION]

Just had a blast on some quiet country lanes in race mode. Am suitably impressed. Wish id used it on the Wales trip!