Driver side window squeaks when going down, really annoyig!

HeavyHanded

Gold Member
As above, i assume its the windows seal. Its like a constant squeal when i put drivers windows down, doesent happen when putting up.

Any suggestions guys ?

I had this after changing the lateral weather seal. Only made noise in hot temps. never solved the issue

I have this occasionally, I assume it's the seal rubbing. The wd40 option sounds your best bet to try?

Yea i do have wind deflectors, but it happens when moving the windows when its half way down aswell, so no where near the deflector. Ill try a bit of wd40, failing that will look into the seal.

Anyone every changed the window seals?

Yea i do have wind deflectors, but it happens when moving the windows when its half way down aswell, so no where near the deflector. Ill try a bit of wd40, failing that will look into the seal.

Anyone every changed the window seals?

I was only joking with the WD40, not a great idea over the window but you could use it directly on the seal itself as a cleaning aid and rejuvenate the rubber.

Taking the the seal out is an easy job and allow you to get to the back of it to give it a good cleanse. That is all it needs. It's likely to have just perished a little becoming brittle and shinny making it squeak.

I was only joking with the WD40, not a great idea over the window but you could use it directly on the seal itself as a cleaning aid and rejuvenate the rubber.

Taking the the seal out is an easy job and allow you to get to the back of it to give it a good cleanse. That is all it needs. It's likely to have just perished a little becoming brittle and shinny making it squeak.
Oh haha!

Think ill replace the seal if i can source a replacment