My first french car (Clio 200)

What @AmosMoses has said is true, go out and see for yourself what it’s like.
The cars as standard are very capable! No point rushing into modding the car and when you take it on track you don’t like it.

Scorpion exhaust is on and it sounds amazing gutted I didn’t get any pictures of the install though!
I also debadged the CLIO lettering For that clean look!
60562973-AD32-448C-A56C-94C98A01DBDA.jpeg BAA91127-AB8E-4D23-B9F4-AA8979E5F626.jpeg B0990207-CD28-4F08-BCDF-DD7DA668EC5E.jpeg
I can already see myself spending a lot more money than I thought I would on this car. Considering getting recaros to make it a proper Full Fat clio, I should of known that once I started I wouldn’t be able to stop:oops:

Reactions: Big Ben
4666C746-FF4C-4F8F-999F-49785B23624B.jpegSo it’s been a while since I did an update. My 3rd gear synchro started to go so I ended up selling my motorcrosser to not only to fund a gearbox rebuild but also for a Quaife ATB LSD which was done last week and I’m loving the car again now.

620FAC08-43B9-47FC-B91A-470A3A8521CD.jpeg
I’ve also fitted the K-tec induction kit which really goes well with my resonated scorpion system!

My next plans I think are to get some decent brake fluid and pads in for me finally take it on the local track (Anglesey). I’m thinking PBS pads and either RBF 600 or Castrol SRF racing fluid?

Now I’ve got the exhaust and intake in I will be taking it to EFI for mapping eventually but I’m in no hurry for that.

I also want to get a set of PMS 21mm spacers and stud conversion. Will I need different length studs for front and back?

Reactions: Beany and RSRowe
You'll not get better than SRF fluid. I swear by it, and once you've bought 2 bottles of 600/660, the price isn't too much more.

I fitted TRS studs to my car but it doesn't come as a kit so you have to buy your own loctite (pics attached of what's required)
Discount code trs10 aswell for a bit of money off.
received_2612144135573116.jpeg received_2584435705124474.jpeg received_2908818395829325.jpeg

You'll not get better than SRF fluid. I swear by it, and once you've bought 2 bottles of 600/660, the price isn't too much more.

I fitted TRS studs to my car but it doesn't come as a kit so you have to buy your own loctite (pics attached of what's required)
Discount code trs10 aswell for a bit of money off.
View attachment 138399 View attachment 138400 View attachment 138401

Thanks man I appreciate it! Especially the discount code haha. I think I’ll be able to “borrow” some loctite from work if the right one is there. 270 isn’t it?

Yeah I think I’ll go for SRF then. Isn’t it suppose to last longer than the 600?

Reactions: RSRowe
I also used TRS for studs, can't remember what size I got though :/ I got them long enough incase I wanted to run spacers

The sizes in the screenshots are right. The longer ones go in the front (though this is purely cosmetic)
I used loctite 271 on mine. But any thread locker will do really

Reactions: suj
How was baldy?!:grinning:

I’ve used 600 it’s rubbish on track. 660 is ok. I’ll be going SRF next

Reactions: Beany
So it’s been a while. I think about a month ago I fitted PBS pads which I’m really pleased with, could do with out the additional dust but I knew that was to come.
34D7C272-FB5C-4715-AAF4-8CFD8AF18B55.jpeg

Since I’ve been off work I’ve been doing a few bits to try and keep busy. First off I washed my car and carried on finishing most of the paint correction on the car(except for bonnet and front bumper).

FBE6BDCF-36D5-41AB-AEAD-29520B6DEB49.jpeg
A186BF00-6B91-4E41-9F51-B0F43EB27BB8.jpeg

And then today I’ve fitted LED numberplate lights as one had failed, and then went on to fit my TRS stud conversion and PMS 21mm spacers all around.

Before
D895985E-0842-4F81-BBA4-B5CB237CEE1D.jpeg

During
AA2A06A6-0A0C-4E5B-A994-9630A001D79A.jpeg

4BFE0D18-9511-4312-94FB-B6031640BEE6.jpeg

And after
D2860704-F660-4843-9554-83866EB23813.jpeg

Very happy with them. Not sure what’s next. I’ve got Castrol SRF brake fluid to go in at some point and want to get it mapped once this lockdown is over.
I’m still torn for which spoiler to go for either the sprint or the cup?
I’ve also been looking at bucket seats, momatec to be precise as they’re a company that’s based not far from me and I’ve heard good things about them. We’ll see.

An overdue update
Over lockdown I considered knocking the pre-cat out of the mani for a bit extra flow to find it was loose in the housing anyway so became a no brainer. Thing is there was a noise that sounded like a slight blow so assumed I’d damaged the flexis bit could find the leak but found a cheap Ktec manifold and endex up getting that put on.

At the same time I had the garage try to find an unfindable knocking noise coming from the front passenger. They found that the wishbone rear bushes so they installed Super pro caster adjustment bushes for me which still didn’t fix the knocking!

Anyway after my first track day being put on hold because of lockdown I finally got round to it

C38A6024-1BC5-4CA5-A86A-DFC3595D0E02.jpeg0C5DB974-8764-4A11-A5B2-FC091A29115D.jpeg52C22CC4-ACCD-49FA-867E-5767E40A3378.jpeg45485617-FC60-4E87-AAD4-534FF9944373.jpeg

Obviously loved it, very pleased with the car and had some tuition which really helped. Was impressed with the brake setup.
Brembo HC discs
PBS front pads
OEM Brembo rear pads
Castrol SRF Fluid

Didn’t really fade at all but was only on track for max 20 minutes at a time.
May consider PBS rear pads for next time.

Strangely 2 of my friends have tried the PBS in their cars and really weren’t impressed with them. One in an EP3 and the other in a MK7 fiesta ST with the Brembo calipers off our cars.

Anyway, looking forward to try and get out on track again. Few mods I want now are:
Cup spoiler
The Pure motorsport shifter(when it eventually comes out)
Motamec bucket seat for driver seat
Oh and a set of cheap track wheels of anyone are selling?

Reactions: TomM3 and wootwoot
17/01/2021
So yesterday I finally got round to fitting my pure motorsport shifter as I was one of the first 10 to get them for testing. Was told should take about 3 hours to install but I actually took about 12 hours to install and set-up haha. Very happy with how it feels. Much smoother than the standard cable set-up. Sits a bit further back than I'd like but may be able to sort that out with a bit more adjusting of the rods. Also may need to cut the trim to fit properly, the instructions said to push it right back when fitting and and now I'm thinking it would of fit better if I hadn't.
Still a quality product and would recommend! Another good product is that brodit phone holder on the edge of the photo, expensive for a phone holder but very sturdy!

IMG_4246[1].JPG

I've also had a cup spoiler after almost 2 years of ownership and not been sure on whether to go for the sprint or cup spoiler, I finally decided on the cup and is in the paint shop and will be getting fitted next Saturday.

Interested to know if there are any rattles like with the 182 PMS shifter? I have a CAE and looking to buy the PMS one instead. Have not been happy with the CAE.

Interested to know if there are any rattles like with the 182 PMS shifter? I have a CAE and looking to buy the PMS one instead. Have not been happy with the CAE.
Personally I feel like this produces very little noise. I did see a comment from someone else that had fitted one to their mk3 and they said there no rattles like the 182 ones but I've never even been in 172/182 to compare. Is it because the CAE still uses cables? I would have never considered the CAE just because of the price alone. They do look good though.

It might be that mine was not installed properly but sometimes it would feel great and other times horrible. Sometimes when changing from 2nd to 3rd it would feel like it is jumping out of gear and into the next gear if that makes sense. I thought maybe the cables were being stretched so I upgraded my powerflex mounts to Vibra engine mounts to stiffen everything up but the problem still persists.

It might be that mine was not installed properly but sometimes it would feel great and other times horrible. Sometimes when changing from 2nd to 3rd it would feel like it is jumping out of gear and into the next gear if that makes sense. I thought maybe the cables were being stretched so I upgraded my powerflex mounts to Vibra engine mounts to stiffen everything up but the problem still persists.
That does sound strange, I had powerflex engine and gearbox mount bushes and never encountered that issue only not really wanting to go into 1st when cold.