My Clio doesn't have power HELP

Hi. First of all, I'm from Spain so excuse my english :tongueout:
My Clio 197 has:
-Rectified air intake ¿manifolds? (a little bigger holes)
-Silicone hoses
-High flow air filter
-Butterfly 64mm
-And...
Firstly I installed a straight exhaust 2.5" (without cat and the "big cat" (here we call it intermedium), and between 2000 and 3000rmp (with full throttle) the car was... mmmm ¿drowned? ¿choky? I don't know how to say it.

In spanish forums say the best combination is without cat and with a sport intermedium or the stock one (best of all). Then I installed this exhaust: 2'5" without cat and with sport intermedium. The car is better but it still drowned between 2400-3000rpm.

I think that the problem can be the rectified manifolds, that let in too much air in comparison with the amount of gas at 2500rpm.

I'll try with the stock intermedium, but I think it will stay the same.

Any idea to repair this? Where is the problem, in the exhaust or in the amount of gas?

A friend installed straigth exhaust 2.5", rectified manifolds, high flow filter... (like me at the beginning) and he remapped. The "drowned" decreased a lot, was barely noticeable, but it was still.

THANKS!

Last edited:
A good re mapper can remove the flat spot, I believe they do this to meet the catalyst emissions regulations and its kind of noticeable even on a stock system! A good company can pretty much eliminate this flat spot.

A good re mapper can remove the flat spot, I believe they do this to meet the catalyst emissions regulations and its kind of noticeable even on a stock system! A good company can pretty much eliminate this flat spot.

Do you think that it can be eliminated with the straigth exhaust installed? or izs better install the sport center silencer?

Refit the cats and if you want fit a 200cell on the "big cat"..
:smile:
Now I have that, a center sport silencer, but decat and the flat spot is exactly between 2350-2500. I'm going to wait a few days and I'll see if it improves...

ryan197, my friend had the same car but remapped, and with a straight exhaust there was a very little flat spot.
I'm going to remapp in a few weeks, I want to install the r3 air intake before.

Is there anyone in this forums who have a clio with straight exhaust that runs well? What modifieds it has?

If you hate the flat spot you have now you'll really hate the R3 airbox. Its designed to increase peak power in the upper rev ranges at the expense of low down power.

If you hate the flat spot you have now you'll really hate the R3 airbox. Its designed to increase peak power in the upper rev ranges at the expense of low down power.

What should I do? Do you recomend me to cancell the air intake order?

I think you would be better off with the cup racer airbox (phase 2 clio v6 airbox) alot cheaper with proven gain. Simo tried the r3 box and didnt like it.

I chose the r3 airbox because here it costs 250€. The most difficult is to relocate the battery and the water tank...
I would like to know if anyone with stock engine have a flat spot with straight exhaust and remap.

Where did you get an R3 airbox for €250?? They are more like €600 for the 3 pieces. Then you have the €200 + for the expansion tank bracket and pipework.

They aint cheap

With that price I think I did a good buy despite of having stock engine... ¿no?
When I get all installed I'll do a good remapp and see how it runs.
Do you know any good..mmm garage? to remap here in Spain?
I know bc-autotech and upsolute, but the last one couldn't eliminate the flat spot in my friend's clio (straight exhaust).

Fernandez, what's your websiite?

Last edited:
With that price I think I did a good buy despite of having stock engine... ¿no?
When I get all installed I'll do a good remapp and see how it runs.
Do you know any good..mmm garage? to remap here in Spain?
I know bc-autotech and upsolute, but the last one couldn't eliminate the flat spot in my friend's clio (straight exhaust).

Fernandez, what's your websiite?

http://www.cazanracing.com

IMHO, the best solution is a full system like Akrapovič, Supersprint, Miltek with the sportcat (200 or 100 cell) in combination with a V6 airbox and a custom remap. You won't have the 2-3krpm flat spot and the car runs fast.

I have a y-pipe (precat removed), decat (cat removed) and a Miltek system and beside the sound I don't really see any performance upgrade compared to the above system, and have a flat spot 2-3krpm.