My 'Bridge' POTM entry choices

Paul

Platinum Member
Well seeing as others are asking for advice I thought I would do the same.

I fancied a quick drive out in the Clio today and thought I would take the camera, decided it would be a good idea to get a POTM pic while I was out, ended up in Hull :thumbdown:, although it does have one useful feature :thumbsup:

P1060625_6_7_8_9_tonemapped2.jpg

P1060625_6_7_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

P1060617_18_19_20_21_tonemapped.jpg

P1060634_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

P1060625_6_7_8_9_tonemappedSplash.jpg

P1060625_6_7_8_9_tonemappedBW2.jpg

P1060625_6_7_8_9_tonemappedBW.jpg

P1060598_599_600_tonemapped.jpg

P1060595_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

Comments welcome :smiley:

Yeah they are Roy, HDR images.

My personal favourites are 4. and 6.

I will be honest I am continually impressed with the bridge, it is quite an impressive fear of engineering!!

Tis a awsome bridge but 3 for me cause I like your bum:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No 1, but they are all good, no point in me entering now the bar had been set, I only have fisher price camera...

Number 3 and 4 for me, but they are all good.
As said no point entering now because any of them will be hard to beat.

Used to go there all the time and walk accross the bridge. You feel it moving with the traffic and the wind.

Thanks guys!

Ah right I didn't realise you could walk across. I might have to give that a go next time.

I hate HDR's sorry. Killed em for me :worried:

Likewise. HDR has its uses, but these are overdone for me, they've sacrificed way too much contrast and impact for the sake of a little extra dynamic range which I don't think is necessary for these shots.

Regarding the composition, I'd say, in the first couple of photos especially, the bridge leads your eye into the photo beautifully at first, but then leads it straight past the car and up the tower of the bridge. It almost looks like separate photos of a bridge and a car if you see what I mean?

I hope that's constructive, it's certainly not meant in any other way, they're as good as anything I can take :thumbup:

To answer your question, I think I'd quite like a non-HDR version of the second one :smile: Fancy posting one?

I think the non hdr needs some more light and colour on your car, maybe touch that up a little and it'll pop out more?

Really liking No. 3 thinking maybe a tweaked original imagine might work better than HDR. Can go over the top with HDR not everything looks better with it :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions