MY 2009 SILVER CLIO 200

So I have had a little agro with my rear discs.
The discs weren't lathed very well as one sides tapered and hard to grip in the lathe. so basically they have been rubbing on and off few times a second and braking feels horrible.

So what I have done is ordered up brand new pagid rear discs. Went to fit them and the caliper will not wind back in to allow for new thickness of disc In, I believe the caliper is seized. Bloody annoying and frustrating all these back brake issues !!!!!

So any way here's a piccy of the new discs and also I ordered brand new caliper sliders

So now just waiting on the new calipers.

dR29kW.jpg

Today I cleaned up my rear caliper carriers as they were red in colour and the new calipers that are arriving today are just bare aluminium and that is the theme I want to keep.
I am lucky enough to have a media blaster at work so each carrier took a matter of minutes.
Here's a few piccys

kagAcf.jpg

gO0he3.jpg

As I said above new calipers arrived today and I fitted them as soon as I got in from work.

p0ouy8.jpg

ALrB0a.jpg

Og0FbL.jpg

So that's it.rear brakes have been fully overhauled. They have had new discs,bearings,abs rings, calipers,caliper sliders and pads.

I have and m.o.t Friday...........

Today I did a few little maintenance things aswell as finish of some jobs I started.

First thing was that I finally sprayed the passenger door handle black to match the driver's side.

0a8cVJ.jpg

As you may notice I also have removed the horrible black vinyl strips that go down the the door nearest b pillar on both passenger and drivers side. They weren't an easy thing to remove and after i had done so they required some polishing and working to bring up well and remove vinyl marks.

I white grease sprayed all the door hinges including boot and bonnet and I also removed panel under steering wheel and white grease sprayed the mechanical pivot points for clutch and brake (throttle isnt do-able as it's electronic).

Lastly I spent 3 hours detailing it yesterday afternoon and it has come up so well . When it rains I shall post up some beading pictures.

Reactions: Big Ben
Lil update

Whilst removing the black vinyl on the doors i noticed the door seals were perished and in need of replacement so i ordered two up for £19

c3Xjbo.jpg

Trackday was a great success.
The car behaved brilliantly and was faultless.Was great to meet a few of you from the forum here.

Noise test showed a peak of just 78db at 5k Rpms.
I did 138 miles on track and did just over £100 in fuel.
Temps (at thermostat housing )peaked at 78c.

Had a brilliant time and what a car the Clio 200 is

Reactions: Big Ben