MY 2009 SILVER CLIO 200

My immediate plans for the car are both remedial and maintenance items.

* Oil, filter, and magnetic sump plug
* Gearbox oil change
* Spray door handles black
* Check and clear out under scuttle panel
* New battery for remote fob
* Flush and renewal of brake fluid
* Braided brake lines
* Replacement front brembo discs
* New Genuine car floor Matts
* Polish up exhausts
* Detail car

The car will remain as stock as possible as up until now I have spent so much money modifying cars and I am fed up of losing money from it all, just want to enjoy this Clio as is.

Reactions: Big Ben and -Eddie-
Forgot to mention the specifics

* Only 3 previous owners
* 2 key cards that work perfectly
* Full service history including cambelt at 70,800 miles.
* Some old receipts and all manuals that originally come with car in the original wallet.
* Purchased it with 92,500 miles on clock.

Looks great! I have changed a few bits on mine and can recommend a few simple cheap mods which go down well. The best one I can say is replace the torque arm (nearside top engine mount) with a Powerflex purple unit, transforms the car. If you just do this one mount after it beds in you wont have problems with vibrations.

As you say, you can spend thousands on cars and actually not be much better off!

Reactions: silverclio4410
I have tried the polybushings on engine mounts before and it was unbareable personally and will always stick with rubber mounts. Elsewhere I will agree they are great bushes and make big improvements to handling.

And yeah as for all the mods and money that comes with it I am actually really looking forward to keeping it stock and unmodified

I just want to enjoy it !!!

Welcome along & enjoy your car. They are just great as standard aren't they?!! (I have to admit to being tempted by a few tweaks myself though). Is yours a cup chassis or otherwise? For road only use "otherwise" is superb, if you fancy tracking the car you might consider cup shocks or an upgrade. We're REALLY good at spending other people's money in here!:wink:

Looks very nice and clean... always look nice silver with plenty of black accents..
Interesting to see another 200 on 197 alloys

You lot seem like a great bunch in here. All very positive and friendly.

The chassis is just a normal one , no cup pack or anything and the ride is very nice and smooth.

As for the black and silver it does look very well i agree. Door handles in black would be great and will get round to that soonish.

Ordered up plenty on service parts already and will get some pictures up once arrived.

Nice looking car you’ve got yourself. Look forward to some updates in the future.

Will try say hello if I manage to get to Snet in November

Jhonny is bang on about the money thing haha! I'm constantly seeing other parts on other peoples cars and making me want to buy bits.

The powerflex mounts aren't that bad once they've died down and they also help to prevent the flexis on the manifold from blowing too!

Car looks great btw :smile:

So tonight operation scuttle panel commenced.

Now I must stress I am not doing this because my carpets soaking or anything like that , the clios carpets are absolutley fine and this is just a precautionary thing I am doing as most of the cars I have ever owned have had soggy carpet and it was down to blocked drains under scuttle.

So here's what I found, the driver's side was fully blocked so much so I couldn't actually feel a drain hole

s3dyvv.jpg

8k0hVX.jpg

I cleaned the drain hole out by pushing a length of stiff rope down the hole repeatedly and then flushing through with garden hose set on high pressure jet. Repeated this over and over untill it drained fast and I was happy, then cleaned out the whole areas under the scuttle. The passenger side was only a little crappy and blocked so that didn't take long at all and is easier to get to. Once cleaned they look this this below.

Cj7X2L.jpg

PEYAIf.jpg

Hey guys,

So now I finally have the parts i need to get started on the Clio.

First of all I went straight to Renault and ordered up genuine mats to keep the already clean carpet clean and protected.

b03e3I.jpg

ix9cHM.jpg

I managed to fit in my tiny little coolant temp gauge and volt gauge. Nice touch and a must for every car I have had.

iC1QaV.jpg

Lastly here's all the other important bits that have ordered.

* Ferodo brake pads
* Brembo standard discs
* Braided lines to replace old rubber ones
* Magnetic sump plug
* Mobil 5/40 fully synthetic engine oil
* Genuine oil filter
* Mtl gearbox oil fully synthetic
* Air filter element
* Cabin filter

* ATE dot 4 brake fluid (Not pictured)

WyNmEw.jpg

I intend to try and get it sorted/fitted over the next week or so.

Today I went about doing brake pads, brake lines, brake discs and brake fluid. Also did engine oil and filter/magnetic sump plug.

I also cleaned up under the front arches. I bought new brake fitting kit from euro car parts aswell as it's best to renew the pins etc.

3Mt5OW.jpg

XAvRIK.jpg

SeHc01.jpg

The brake fluid was absolutely black and really was in need of replacement.

JmkLck.jpg

Engine oil was ok and wasn't to black.

That's all I managed to do today.

Reactions: Big Ben
Made a start on the detailing aspect of the car today. Did a normal wash then claybarred the car. Used a meguires claybar and a little detergent and it definitely worked it's magic.

Here's a before and after.

7299or.jpg

9qpXvg.jpg

Reactions: Richardg27