my 200 cup from day 1 to now..

your current setup wont be any good in a warmer weather, because of all the heat in the engine bay. You will certanly loose quite a lot of power.

Let down? You told it would be available by now?

The pics of it aren't very good I think, tiny filter and right above the manifold where all the heat is, and it's still not available..... 68376[/ATTACH]"]http://633D5830-44A0-49E4-B37F-938EF1EB2BE8-3044-000005E8DE98A805_zps22ca2acf.jpg

Attachments

• 633D5830-44A0-49E4-B37F-938EF1EB2BE8-3044-000005E8DE98A805_zps22ca2acf.jpg
    633D5830-44A0-49E4-B37F-938EF1EB2BE8-3044-000005E8DE98A805_zps22ca2acf.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
Where did you get the Redtop 15 from and how much did u pay if you don't mind me asking. Fancy one myself.

With all that cold air whizzing through the engine bay as you hammer it along?

Heat soak will have an effect but it's not going to be huge unless you're sat still like on a set of rollers. All the modern Lambo's run a dual Airbox setup, with the Airbox being directly above the Cats at the rear of the engine bay. Ferrari's setup on the mid-engined cars isn't too different either and on every rear-engined Porsche since the dawn of time, the Airbox sits directly above the engine...

Where did you get the Redtop 15 from and how much did u pay if you don't mind me asking. Fancy one myself.

I got it off a lad on here noddie, seemed a great price and was just what I was after. With the cold air feed in place I can't see it losing any power, in this weather the car is pulling much stronger I feel, gordini 200 when in the car noticed too. The colder the air the better but also the bigger the filter the more air you can get into the engine, probably why the Apollo set up fails as its tiny.

Heat soak will have an effect but it's not going to be huge unless you're sat still like on a set of rollers. All the modern Lambo's run a dual Airbox setup, with the Airbox being directly above the Cats at the rear of the engine bay. Ferrari's setup on the mid-engined cars isn't too different either and on every rear-engined Porsche since the dawn of time, the Airbox sits directly above the engine...

With the filter in the back corner of the bay yes.... unfortunately this Renault isnt a Lambo, a Porsche or a Ferrari

Yes, still directly above the ~750C Cats. At the rear of the bay where all the hot air is trying to escape from and so barreling into the Airbox on its way out. Regardless of the badge on the bonnet the principal physics of airflow is the same.

Even after a run and the car stopped outside the house the filter is cold, I'm not worrying about heat soak unless it's 30 odd outside, which in Scotland is err never

Even after a run and the car stopped outside the house the filter is cold, I'm not worrying about heat soak unless it's 30 odd outside, which in Scotland is err never

Hahaha yeah you get a worse deal with the wether there then even we do in Manchester!!! :smiley:

Yes, still directly above the ~750C Cats. At the rear of the bay where all the hot air is trying to escape from and so barreling into the Airbox on its way out. Regardless of the badge on the bonnet the principal physics of airflow is the same.

Main difference is that the airbox has been designed with this in mind on the exotica, id hazard a guess in saying that there are routes for the air to escape from more efficiently than what ud be left with on the Renault...

Eitherway, i guess it doesnt really matter on anything but an F1 car :poke:

BTT!! Car looks great, i like the mirrors!

Thanks mate, speed lines are now sold so cup wheels going back on then going black, always liked the cups better as the show the brakes off and are slightly lighter weight