My 200 bargain projectors

Not too long ago a set of projectors came up on ebay which had had some plastic repairs done to one of the brackets and another had completely snapped off...

Anyway after contacting the seller, he said that apart from the described damage they were in good condition so i took a gamble and got them for £50!! :thumbup:

After collecting them all seemed well and i finally got round to fitting them today along with a set of Philips diamond vision dipped and main beam bulbs along with some LED side lights. Overall im really pleased with them and they finish the front off nicely, havent really had chance to see the full effect of the lamps yet as i havent driven it at night!

Just a few crappy pics off my phone of before and after..

Before:
IMG_0388.jpg

Left hand changed to projector:
IMG_0392.jpg

Compared to right hand which is still relfector:
IMG_0393.jpg

LED sidelights:
IMG_0395.jpg

After:
IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Definately a worth while mod. Makes the front end my nicer. How did you find removing the front bumper?

Definately a worth while mod. Makes the front end my nicer. How did you find removing the front bumper?

Not too bad actually! once you've taken it off once and you know exactly where all the fixings are its only about a 20 min job... The biggest ball ache is getting the arch lining off and then sliding your hand between that and the bumper to get a ratchet in and undo the bolt holding the bumper to the wing.

If i have to take it off again or as a tip to anyone else, id get it up on axle stands and remove both front wheels to make access easier and to save the skin of your wrists!!

Great upgrade. What do you think of the bulbs? I've currently got HIDs in my projectors but these bulbs look pretty decent.

Great upgrade. What do you think of the bulbs? I've currently got HIDs in my projectors but these bulbs look pretty decent.

They seem pretty good TBH. Ive just noticed in the pictures they dont seem as bright as the reflectors but i think this is due to the projector lense concentrating the beam more...

Havent been out at night yet to get the full effect tho. I nearly went for a set of HID's but come MOT time i didnt want to have to remove them to get it to pass. Even though these bulbs arent road legal i think it'd have more chance of passing with these over a HID kit?

I had to remove both arch liners as I couldnt get the frickin bolts either. And those plastic popper thingys are dreadful at trying to remove.

Next time I'll be buying a spare set so that I can pull 'em out without worrying about breaking 'em.

I had to remove both arch liners as I couldnt get the frickin bolts either. And those plastic popper thingys are dreadful at trying to remove.

Next time I'll be buying a spare set so that I can pull 'em out without worrying about breaking 'em.

The black popper things with the flat head plastic screw in?? Mine had a definate lack of 'popping' so i resorted to a small flat head screwdriver to get em out!

It'll definitely be easier come MOT time. You're only in Birmingham, maybe we'll see each other at a meet and compare the size our beams. *handoverface*

Definitely looks better with projectors. The grey surrounds and the 'eyes' make it look more aggressive.

Cheers for the comments guys!

Curley, can't make the meet in march or the Wales run so I'll have to see what meets come up in after...