MTEC Brakes - Review(s)

Dimpled and Grooved?

With those pads and fluids you wait until they are bedded in. The bite is ridiculous!

Until the holes fill with dust from the pads on track and they overheat like a bitch

Until the holes fill with dust from the pads on track and they overheat like a bitch

Nothing a wire brush and a little elbow grease can't sort in 30 minutes Mike :wink:

Surprised your brakes get used seen as your on 3 wheels most of the time :smiley:

Haha, dont use brakes very often, but when i do i like them to be reliable and capable, ill take my trusty 182 setup over the r26 renault based drilled setup any day

Have u ever tried using a wire brush whilst driving jack ?

its an absolute bitch

Jack, thats nothing to do with a wire brush, its more to do with your choice of receiving depository

It could have been worse, you could have had Buddyboy!!!!! Sat in front of you on the wrong timed session

The coating only wears on the friction faces. It remains on the hub and around the rim of the disc and helps to stop corrosion and discolouration. You can have them coated in silver as well to look more natural but give the same protection...

Hi Newby here :-D Just purchased a pair of rears to try, drilled and slotted, price seemed very good as Mtec doing a 10% discount on their new web site - £135 delivered for a std pair, will post some feedback once fitted and tested, - quick ask - whats the size of the nut holding these on??
thx

Hi Newby here :-D Just purchased a pair of rears to try, drilled and slotted, price seemed very good as Mtec doing a 10% discount on their new web site - £135 delivered for a std pair, will post some feedback once fitted and tested, - quick ask - whats the size of the nut holding these on??
thx

Hub nut is 36mm

thanks better go find a big socket :-D may have to do the fronts too by the way, had 2 new fronts (from gsf) fitted last year by a friends local garage, but they is now kaked as the fitter didnt check or clean the pad fittings - and caused miswear on the backs - as normal its back to doing the job properly myself :-D

Hi! I have them on front ( dimpled and grooved) and after couple breakings 100-0 they still fine... Only downside is that you can hear them when braking... They loud...

Hi! I have them on front ( dimpled and grooved) and after couple breakings 100-0 they still fine... Only downside is that you can hear them when braking... They loud...

You will get these with grooved/drilled/both discs as the surface area is different from plain disc's. I hear mine from time to time but when you have music on it's not an issue for me.

I have drilled and grooved and can hear it if the windows are down with no music, squeals when they are cold too becauseracecar! 8)

disk.jpg As requested :-D I managed to get to fit at least one rear disk yesterday prior to it p$%£ing it down :-D
Tips, disconnect the handbrake cable to make moving the caliper out of the way and this also aids servicing and manipulating the caliper itself if you are not going to disconnect completely,
also used a rotory wire brush to clean up as salted badly, I didnt get the painted discs but prior to fitting treated the rear raw areas and front to a coating of silver japlac to stop future unsightly rusting, (dont paint the face where the wheel fits, just smear that with copperslip) All in all went on fairly easy, also spend time servicing and cleaning the caliper along with new pads, along with checking the piston runs free by screwing in and out using the tool. Will get the next one on tonight