MTEC Brakes - Review(s)

Excellent! I'm going for the front and rear drilled and grooved in black. Gonna get some ds2500 for the fronts and stick with standards on the back.

Mine are great, they have good initial bite and seem to stand up to use fairly well. Given the time of year (and how busy I am) I've not had a big run on them or any track days so can't tell you how they'll stand up to proper abuse. I'm happy with them :smile: I'd deffinately go for the black coating, and until I give them a proper run I'm still undecided what the grooves do (other than make a bit of noise) so I'll reserve judgement on if I would go for Drilled or Drilled+Grooved next time.

Looking good then. Just ordering mine up now, the money I've saved means money for pads.

Last edited:
Received my front and rears. Well packaged and they look great!

Yeah, mine were packed well. In fact I bought my rears from GSF and they were damaged when they arrived, because of the piss poor packaging. They've sent me some replacements now though. I didn't realise you could get rears from MTEC!? Are they drilled/grooved too?

Yep drilled and grooved with bearings and abs rings plus black coating. Cheaper than OEM

Will get some pictures up when I get home.

Last edited:
Yeah I did the same, after seeing Tree had called them after he found them on eBay, hopefully mine will be here tomorrow.

Noooooo! Why didn't I see these before!? I've got two sets on Non grooved ones sat in my workshop now lol!

Sell them mate! Haha these are only £150 before the black coating. Should be able to make some money back on the ones you've got?

Dimpled and Grooved?

With those pads and fluids you wait until they are bedded in. The bite is ridiculous!