MS 200 fun road and track car - and other car stuff!

Please let me know if you guys aren’t interested in the non-Clio content!
I only share because I often find this kind of stuff interesting on other forums, I always enjoy reading about what folks are doing with other cars too.

If that’s non the consensus here, please let me know and I’ll taper down the spam accordingly!

Please let me know if you guys aren’t interested in the non-Clio content!
I only share because I often find this kind of stuff interesting on other forums, I always enjoy reading about what folks are doing with other cars too.

If that’s non the consensus here, please let me know and I’ll taper down the spam accordingly!
Carry on, it's interesting. I like cars, not just Clios!

I had a bunch of small parts to buy that I’ll need later in the year, didn’t do that.

Bought a diff for the Clio instead! [emoji23]

Having fitted two Quaifes to CRXs in years gone by and subsequently using similar OEM torque biasing gear diffs in Honda’s and MX5s, as well as another from Ashcroft transmissions, I’m of the mind that the Quaife is overpriced for what it is.

So I’ll be trying the Russian-made Val Racing ATB instead, coming in at less than half the price of the Quaife. Judging from the range of cars and uses covered in their catalogue and YouTube vids with equipped cars, I’m hopeful it will prove to be a bargain item very much comparable to the Quaife.

7707d49385f459b0e71b922d3a211d8a.jpg

bc7e51fe7722c1e60dffc0f4125db41e.jpg

Of course I’ll be sure to test well and make a video with my observations and track testing.

In the meantime here’s some gold from Val Racing:

Prompting some daftness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to hear what you think about the diff compared to Quaife, manufacturing quality & the way it reacts in use.

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
I'll be interested to hear what you think about the diff compared to Quaife, manufacturing quality & the way it reacts in use.

If I’m honest my expectation is that it feels just like any other ATB diff, Quaife included. In terms of quality I don’t hold up Quaife as exceptional so would expect it again to be comparable.

Hope I’m not disappointed!
The Ashcroft ATB I bought for an MX5 was comparable and cost me £180 direct from the manufacturer at the time!

Reactions: Johnny 99
I can get you a really good price on Gripper diffs Matt if you want a proper LSD.

Thanks Matt, I’ve got no interest for this car, but depending on price I could be very interested in one for the MX2000.
If you could find out what’s possible there for me that would be great. I’ve got a to do list on the car, would be a late summer/autumn purchase so no rush. [emoji106]

Thanks Matt, I’ve got no interest for this car, but depending on price I could be very interested in one for the MX2000.
If you could find out what’s possible there for me that would be great. I’ve got a to do list on the car, would be a late summer/autumn purchase so no rush. [emoji106]

Sure I can get hold of any and have it set to your exact requirements. I’ll be in touch.

Doh! Shouldn’t have been scrolling through FB whilst waiting for a report to run, gone and bought some tyres... [emoji85]

1a659f83fc7332700e05960ad2484b3d.jpg
(Library pic)

I’ve used ZZRs on the MX5 and think they’re about as good a track tyre as you can get.
A set of 225/45/17s popped up at £300 so I jumped on them!

Don’t really need them but they will make excellent replacements for the MRFs when the time comes.

Need to have a clear out and recoup some funds now!...

Reactions: peter and Big Ben
Not seen them tyres before Matt but they look good!
£300 a great price. Look forward to some feedback

Not seen them tyres before Matt but they look good!
£300 a great price. Look forward to some feedback

You don’t tend to see many trackdayers using them but more popular amongst racers.

I’ve used R888, R888R, Nankang AR1, DMac Trackday, MRF ZTR, AD08R and R1R on track as well as a few road tyres, the ZZR is my favourite so excited to try them on the Clio.

I would expect them to be either or both slightly quicker and more durable than the MRFs. The MRFs felt a good track tyre and produced what I interpret as quick times, but haven’t been terribly durable so are likely quite a soft compound relative to others. [emoji106]

I would like to try Direzzas as they’re always spoken of highly, imagine they are similar to the Avons.

Reactions: Big Ben
Are they road legal Matt? Looking at possibly trying something different to my Yokos next time out.