Mounting Amplifier

Thought I'd do a bit more on my install today, so here's some pics!

Seat backs unzipped, mdf panel slightly larger than amp. Marked out to show where metal frame of seat back is.

8f0e7c30.jpg

Holes for cable ties and wire exit points drilled, and mounting board secured to seat back.

6be0ddb3.jpg

Holes big enough so that cable tie does not protrude.

76796d68.jpg

Wiring all in place and cover re-zipped. Sub cable is the thicker one to the left, the front speaker wire in the middle and rca's to the right. These will obviously run to the front of the car and won't be visible!

fb894d70.jpg

Amp fixed to seat back and wires terminated and attached to amp.

1aac7b58.jpg

Close up of connections.

3357c187.jpg

Sub cable cut to length, braided, routed and quick release connector fitted. This will allow quick removal of sub in case of track days or boot space requirements!

eda598f0.jpg

This shows it plugged in to back of sub. This is looking from the back seat into the boot. I am going to make a quick release bracket that fixes the sub box to that metal ridge at the back of the boot.

00f1bab1.jpg

And this is it all in place. The DLS 10" sub and box is very compact and light so is perfect for this application imo

46c37622.jpg

Next jobs are to run the wiring forward, fit the mids, fabricate tweeter mounts, fit sound deadening etc etc! Still.... 1 step closer eh?!

Ant

Nice work there, I'm not particularly into big subs etc. in cars but I can certainly appreciate a good audio setup.

Are you replacing the door speakers? What are you going for? I've been meaning to replace the rear speakers but havent got round to it yet....

Yep, this is a pure sq setup, not a boomy system. The doors are going to be home to these babies: (CDT CL51's)

1b1953d2.gif

No rear speakers for me....

Tiababy - no improvement yet, as I'm not firing it up until its all completed!

Hi Ant. Nice idea with the seat back! my amp is attached to the box already between sub and seatback.
I havent had a chance to wire it into my 197 yet. any ideas if theres holes already available for the amp power feed? not too keen on drilling through if i can avoid it!

Sam

nice install :thumbup1:

not in to amps and mega loud stereos....like to listen to the engine :bat: