MOT failure

Just had my F1 197 MOT'd today and it failed :'(

It failed due to a snapped front spring. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem and if this was quite common?

Just in search of the part now. I've spoken to Renault who have quoted £85 for the part. Do you think this is an ok price or can I get one cheaper somewhere else?

Also they said that the spring must have an orange and blue mark on it. Does this indicate that it's cup suspension?

Last edited:
Don't sound good mate. At 85 a corner though I'd be tempted to throw in the extra and get some H&R's or Eibachs

yeah that's what I was thinking tbh, however it's only the 1 spring that needs replacing. With it coming up to Christmas I don't want to have to spend too much money on the car.

Where is the best place to get H&R's or Eibachs from?

When it comes to suspension its always recommended you replace in pairs so both sides are the same. If it were mine I'd be changing both front springs at the very least and at £180 I'd be checking the prices for 4 from the likes of H&R or Eibach.

I have 2 springs that are in good nick from my R27 if you don't want go spend a fortune.

Sorted now lads. I've managed to source another second hand set. Hopefully get them fitted in the week and I'll be back on the road lol.

I'm only buying the one spring which is costing me £40. It has come off a car with similar miles and age. The garage that a fitting it are charging me £30 labour to do it.

When I have a bit of spare cash next year then I will look at fitting a set of H&R's but for the time being this will have to do.

I'm only buying the one spring which is costing me £40. It has come off a car with similar miles and age. The garage that a fitting it are charging me £30 labour to do it.

When I have a bit of spare cash next year then I will look at fitting a set of H&R's but for the time being this will have to do.

have they done one before? The only reason I ask is that if they haven't it may well take them longer than they anticipate.

Both of my fronts have been replaced in the last 12 months, I blame all the speed bumps and pot holes!

I had one replaced last week, under warranty fortunately. If they are are offering you £30 just for labour I would snatch their hand off.

It's only £30 labour cause I know the guys that own it. Doubt they will of done one before so will give them a heads up.