Mods that void warranty?

Rishi

Platinum Member
Im dropping my car of to Renault as ive lost reverse gear, its a 58 plate so the warranty runs out very soon aswell so getting it in there by the end of the day by hook or crook, i recently got a drivers side recaro & fitted a new HU/Sub/speakers, will any of this void the warranty?

Im thinking ill swap the drivers seat as its easy enough & gets the airbag light off the dash...but will the new sound system affect it? more than anything the power cable running from the sub, they could see the cable in the engine bay & make an issue, i could of course then go to RUK & explain the sound system has nothing to do with the gears, but it's more hassle really

I also don't have full renault service history, but the car has 8k on the clock & two service stamps, one renault, one my families run garage, the previous owner although owning the car for a couple years only had one service, obviously due to low mileage

Im dropping my car of to Renault as ive lost reverse gear, its a 58 plate so the warranty runs out very soon aswell so getting it in there by the end of the day by hook or crook, i recently got a drivers side recaro & fitted a new HU/Sub/speakers, will any of this void the warranty?

Im thinking ill swap the drivers seat as its easy enough & gets the airbag light off the dash...but will the new sound system affect it? more than anything the power cable running from the sub, they could see the cable in the engine bay & make an issue, i could of course then go to RUK & explain the sound system has nothing to do with the gears, but it's more hassle really

I also don't have full renault service history, but the car has 8k on the clock & two service stamps, one renault, one my families run garage, the previous owner although owning the car for a couple years only had one service, obviously due to low mileage

if they want to be picky....not having a service every 12month or 12k will void the warranty or give then the excuse not to do warranty work

thats if they check :001_rolleyes:

i thought that myself, i work for ford & we never check the service history, just do the work no questions ifits less than 3 years old...

Will but fine mate. Your car has 8k on it lol?!!

Yep, shes still a baby :wink: Id imagine ive got one of the lowest mileage 197's out there

Similar Thread Suggestions