Mod for Exhaust??? I'm lost

I would also be interested to hear what this silencer removal is like on a 200. Would like to hear it in real life as to be honest the youtube videos did sound a little tiny?! Would it provide crackles and pops on overruns and downshifts? I love my 200 to bits but would love just a little of that cup racer sound!...

Might contact K-Tec.

Also with warranty, if its taken off but can be put back on, could you not just stick it back on when you have a problem lol?

the exhaust is a whole system from before the second cat so a section took out and replaced would stick out clear as day

ive had 2 powerflow systems, and can recommend them, i also have to disagree with you gouldy.

an they come with lifetime warranty anyways, and a 12month check up where they repair anything that may need reapiring. i never had to have this done tho.
had a full suystem on my mk2 golf gti and they did it to the exact specs that i wanted, the sound on tick over, the sound when i opened it up, probs the best exhaust ive brought tbh.

i rang my steeler to check about the warrentee and it seems to be if the component changed causes a fault then its void but it dont mess anything else up, so im just sorting out when to borrow a ramp so i can do this

Sounds about right, they'll just void the exhaust and possibly if they were being really sniffy the 4-branch and lambda(?).

They can't just void the whole car, it would go about <---> that far in court.

Ive had mine removed, so currently running powerflow system, with one back box, sounds orite, really raspy when you open her up, going to be even louder tomorrow, as re-fitting the decat, then it will be LOUD and sound like an absolute rally sl4g !!!

KD, any chance of you getting one of those free iphone Db meter apps and measuring it at 3/4 throttle??

I'd be tempted to remove the mid-box on mine, but I don't want to start failing noisechecks if it ends up more than 95Db.

Take these as APPROX measurements.

Phone placed approx 1m away from rear of car.

engine start up - 105db
tick over ( warmed up) 97.6db
5000rpm (parked) 105.6 db

Although I must admit on driving the vehicle, it doesnt seem as loud unless you open it up, Im going to conduct a video tomorrow hopefully, of car before and after de-cat fitted, so basically to begin with the video will be of the car with a cat back system, with mid box removed. Then follow up will be of same system with decat. Only problem been is that It will be recorded on an iphone, and as we all know the quality isnt the best.

Usually measured at 1 Metre from either exhaust outlet in the case of race/trackdays.

*EDIT* Posted at the same time as you, you've done it already. :smiley: