Mk3 200 gearbox

Need to have my gearbox refurbished and looking at around £550 for it to be done. How much is a brand new gearbox and can anyone recommend somewhere near Hertfordshire to get refurbed for a good price? Thanks

there used to be one seller on ebay selling refurbished one for £400 i think..cant seem to find him now..there are some for sale on there from a quick look..

Rentune is who I have been speaking with [MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] they sound like they are reliable

[MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] Yep, Richard is who I was chatting too and most likely who will be returning my gearbox. How much extra is that diff you're on about? I'm having to borrow cash to do the gearbox as it is :-(

@Stephenvenning Yep, Richard is who I was chatting too and most likely who will be returning my gearbox. How much extra is that diff you're on about? I'm having to borrow cash to do the gearbox as it is :-(

He works with clio cups so he is very knowledgeable. The duffs are pretty expensive at around £600. Probs not the best idea then if your struggling to afford a gearbox rebuild. Is it the 3rd gear synchro that's the problem?

Well I've been quoted £1150 in total. (£300 from my local guy who does all my work to remove box, store my car, refit box & clutch) £300 for clutch (parts) and then £550 for full box refurb

Well I've been quoted £1150 in total. (£300 from my local guy who does all my work to remove box, store my car, refit box & clutch) £300 for clutch (parts) and then £550 for full box refurb

Not a bad price that really. Did Rentune quote you that price for box refurb?

Sean@Jade Developments charged me £300 to drop my box, open it, swap diffs and put it back on if that helps at all. His workmanship is second to none.

Wow! 660 its hella cheap! How come ? Btw they says 197/200 but actualy the rates arent the same so it suppose to be different boxes

Sean@Jade Developments charged me £300 to drop my box, open it, swap diffs and put it back on if that helps at all. His workmanship is second to none.

looks like i might be using Jade developments to get my box sorted now. Has your box worked well since it was done?

Absolutely. The guy is top, he mainly works on racers, builds new projects etc. In fact they won the clio championship this year:smile:

He did my cambelt, someone had been in there previously and messed up the ends of some of the shafts, he put in loads of extra work to ensure it was 100% spot on! Top guy