Miss Firing?

Any one get this when they use their car?

I dont get it that often maybe once or twice a month but it keeps logging a fault but does not say any more than a back fire.

Also can some one check their engine stabliser as mines seems to have a fair bit of play in it and i am unsure if it should have that or not.. Could be from all the times my engine has been in or out but i thought i would ask.

Thanking yous.

Last edited:
by back firing you mean the exhaust popping when you shift gears? if so, how come the ECU logs it as a fault?

mine started backfiring after 10,000 kms when shifting at redline and I find it strange because I didn't de-cat it

Mine pops when I shift gears in high range, possibly after say an hour or so driving, nice and warm, 1st & 2nd and also coming down the gearbox say 4th into 3rd.

Oopps.. Posted that a bit early this morning i ment to say Miss fire..

Sorry for being dumb, happens every now and then..

Edited post for any one else that reads this

If mines ticking over and i put my hand on the inlet manifold, every few seconds or so i feel a small violent jolt, gotta be a mis fire too surely?

Well to explain mines.. i start it, let it warm up for upto 5 mins (since mines still kangeroos) and then start to drive her up the road. The next thing that happens is, its like all the power starts fading badly and then you hear a bang noice. After that the car returns to normal driving. It is loggin it as a miss fire but does not mention where the faults occuring.

it definately sounds like a misfire, but its odd that isn't doesn't say where. Normally when it logs a misfire it gives a cylinder number. Its probably just a coil pack on its way out

Thats what the guy that looks at my car says. finds it strange that it is doing that. He is going to keep my car over night and test it now but i wondered if any one else had this.

is it logging a p0300 "multi-cylinder misfire by any chance ?

mines done this a few times - especially from cold starts - think it could be the second lambda sensor throwing a wobble and the ecu adjusting the fuelling to compensate and it makes it mis fire - as all of mine have been on cold starts

how can you tell what codes are being thrown up without hooking it up to diagnostics machine at a dealer?

is it logging a p0300 "multi-cylinder misfire by any chance ?

mines done this a few times - especially from cold starts - think it could be the second lambda sensor throwing a wobble and the ecu adjusting the fuelling to compensate and it makes it mis fire - as all of mine have been on cold starts

I believe it is.. Think the guy thats been looking at it is going to see if he can trace the fault for me to make sure there is nothing else going on with it. Done it again last night. Not sure if i should be leaving it longer than five mins to warm up or not now. :sleep:

The one I brought works a treat on both our Clio's and just about anything else with an ODBII :wink:

:worried: Mine just comes up connection error everytime, borrowed my mates laptop with the fancy software on too and it did the same.

Maybe a remap affected it?

:worried: Mine just comes up connection error everytime, borrowed my mates laptop with the fancy software on too and it did the same.

Maybe a remap affected it?

there are 4 obd2 protocols used on cars - the better ones scan each system until they "talk" - the one i use scans them until it finds the right one