mini coop s

Anyone had any experince of them, ie running cost over 197/200
how relible they car standard and tuned?

Like alot of 197 owners, iam fed up of the silly mpg with out the go to match,
and the fact that its not holding its money worth a @**%

Mine has lost over 5 k in two years. am i taking sence or do i need a slap for thinking of gettin rid of my 197?;/

What year MCS? The supercharged one (pre-06 ish) or the turbocharged one (post -06 ish)?

Supercharged won't be much more economical than the Clio and will be more cramped inside. Turbocharged one will be noticeably better on economy if driven sensibly. Still cramped though.

Also I don't think the ride is as grown up as the Clio, at least comparing my sisters 55 plate Cooper to my Cup'd 197.

one iam looking at has this done. its a 2004 supercharged, tbh supercharged is what iam after.

as to size iam the only person in the car,

Mini Sports Cat and Down Pipe
Miltec Sports exhaust
Alta Induction Kit
Oil Cooler Kit
GRS Intercooler
Ultrik High Performance Camshaft
Short Block
NME 6010 Big Valve Ported and Polished Head
NME 1074 Head Gasket
NMW 1072 Head Bolts
Up-graded pully
Re-map (Car is running at 215BHP+)

Clutch, Brakes, Suspension:
Performance Clutch Kit - Stage -3- Lightweight option.
Tarox 6 Pot front brake up-grade
Lowered 30mm on Eibach lowering springs
Adjustable Rear Strut Brace

I've recently had one in to trim.. it was quite nice. The guy who has it tunes them and he says the driveshafts are a bit weak on them if you start adding more power. The one he's got has 40K and is on his 3rd drive shafts. It has ridiculous power though for a 1.6

Steve

Anyone had any experince of them, ie running cost over 197/200
how relible they car standard and tuned?

Like alot of 197 owners, iam fed up of the silly mpg with out the go to match,
and the fact that its not holding its money worth a @**%

Mine has lost over 5 k in two years. am i taking sence or do i need a slap for thinking of gettin rid of my 197?;/

No go. What else out there are as quick as 197 in standard form? I'm not talking about golfs or astra's that meg stuff. I'm not talking about Fiats Abraths that cost over 20 grand either....

My friends supercharged cooper was worse on fuel than mine TBH! It was also very unreliable and when they go wrong they aren't cheap to fix either.

That being said, I would love a GP... :drool:

well iam still thinking about it. i should mabe just wait to see what comes of the super charger kit.

some good info and points tho, them 6 pot stoppers are over kill if you ask me. lol

tbh i would be happy if i had 220bhp in my 197. but then most of us would. :001_rolleyes:

I had a pulley reduction kit and a remap on my 2004 mini and that got 195 bhp out of it and it was one of the most fun cars i have owned! However, if you're in traffic the clutch does get very heavy compared to the 197 and the gears feel very stiff. But you will forget about all the little things when you have the whine of the supercharger! Put a smile on my face every time i drove it! but the fuel consumption is poor! Depends if you can afford having it for a bit of fun or you need it for an everyday car really!

Similar Thread Suggestions