Milltek or Ktec?

lol there are others out there. check out my ktec exhaust thread. it has the car reving at stand still you can hear it there.

I shall do just that!! Cheers buddy...still trying to figure where everything is on this forum lol!!

That sounds awesome...does the kit come with the tailpipe surrounds or can you keep it more sleeper without?

Mine was fitted wrong at that point mate. The joints werent pushed far enough together they are now and it looks sweet.

Ktec's KTR Pro Performance

At Ktec, they supply the system for £454.

I'll have this posted.........how easy are they to fit?

Do I need a ramp? Axel stands? Bricks (lol)

How much are fitting costs people please?

Many thanks.

Ktec's KTR Pro Performance

At Ktec, they supply the system for £454.

I'll have this posted.........how easy are they to fit?

Do I need a ramp? Axel stands? Bricks (lol)

How much are fitting costs people please?

Many thanks.

fitting is pretty easy mate although it could become more fiddley just using axle stands,the problem you've got is getting the original system off as its a one piece exhaust,most people cut it around the rear axle area then use a sleeve to refit it if they are selling up but i wanted to keep mine in one piece which meant dropping the rear axle

personally i think its worth paying a performance garage to fit it then they can put it on a ramp and get it properly aligned,a fair few people on here have had issues with getting tailpipes on the ktec system to stay in the centre of the diffuser outlets,mine was like this but after a few adjustments all is well now...(be careful as well as some people have actually melted the diffuser with the exhaust tips when poorly aligned)

after fitting take the car for a 5 minute blast then check the centralisation of the tailpipes as this is when they will move,if they've moved then let the exhaust cool and adjust it,this is why i say let a decent performance garage do it as they will have to pi55 around putting it right for you,happy motoring!

fitting is pretty easy mate although it could become more fiddley just using axle stands,the problem you've got is getting the original system off as its a one piece exhaust,most people cut it around the rear axle area then use a sleeve to refit it if they are selling up but i wanted to keep mine in one piece which meant dropping the rear axle

personally i think its worth paying a performance garage to fit it then they can put it on a ramp and get it properly aligned,a fair few people on here have had issues with getting tailpipes on the ktec system to stay in the centre of the diffuser outlets,mine was like this but after a few adjustments all is well now...(be careful as well as some people have actually melted the diffuser with the exhaust tips when poorly aligned)

after fitting take the car for a 5 minute blast then check the centralisation of the tailpipes as this is when they will move,if they've moved then let the exhaust cool and adjust it,this is why i say let a decent performance garage do it as they will have to pi55 around putting it right for you,happy motoring!

Thanks alot mate. In terms of time, could you guess the fitting costs?

Obviously garage rates differ. I'm just trying to picture a total cost.

I think I'll leave the tips as they are, Tipless if you like. Embracing the stealth appearance YOWWW:tongueout:roud:

Thanks alot mate. In terms of time, could you guess the fitting costs?

Obviously garage rates differ. I'm just trying to picture a total cost.

I think I'll leave the tips as they are, Tipless if you like. Embracing the stealth appearance YOWWW:tongueout:roud:

i agree with willis in that it should take no longer than an hour and a half,i think your probably looking at somewhere between £45-£75 depending where you go...

think you might be missing my point regarding the tips mate,i left the tips slash cut/stealth and they still catch/rub/knock badly and melt the diffuser if the exhaust isn't aligned right

the tips do come off but this is only so the exhaust is interchangeable with the 200,(i.e. all ktec would do is change the tips to straight cut to match the 200 diffuser)

Last edited: