Milltek Decat question

So been after a Milltek for a while now and still cant get hold of a used one so keep getting tempted by Ktecs buy now pay later scheme.

So my question is would it be worth me getting the decat too whilst im at it? Emissions dont bother me as my mate will MOT it anyway so that wont be a problem.

I have the decat milltek and I love it. The noise is fantastic and I dont really notice the flat spot that everyone talks about but then I guess you just learn to naturally drive round it.

Emissions shouldn't be a problem anyway. My Zorst was the development pipe for the 200, milltek tested the emissions and they were well under with the decat

i would say so mate defo,just for the noise alone its worth the extra £60ish,plus it'll save you money cos if you didn't get one then in the future changed yr mind you'd have to pay again to have it fitted,be alot cheaper to fit it all in one go,it will pass a MOT anyway with a decat

Emissions shouldn't be a problem anyway. My Zorst was the development pipe for the 200, milltek tested the emissions and they were well under with the decat

MOT laws changed this year, if the car had one from the factory the tester should check it is still their regardless of emissions results. Cat missing = fail

(unless you have a friendly tester of course)

Finance is something that has never tempted me before, but now I see I can get an exhaust for about £40 a month for 12 months it seems like good value.

Look what you've done!!!

MOT laws changed this year, if the car had one from the factory the tester should check it is still their regardless of emissions results. Cat missing = fail

(unless you have a friendly tester of course)

or until the friendly tester gets found out or the you get a road side pull by vosa...

to be on the safe side fit it back come mot time - then no-one is put in an awkward position

or until the friendly tester gets found out or the you get a road side pull by vosa...

to be on the safe side fit it back come mot time - then no-one is put in an awkward position

I'm with you on this, I don't have a friendly tester anyway, but if I did I wouldn't want them to be put in the situation where he could lose his job/livelyhood because i wanted to gain a pony under the bonnet.

Switch it back at MOT time to be on the safe side.

Thanks Fernandez!

Noddie - Thats my thinking!

Chris - I do know a friendly tester who will pass it for me

Foxspeed - I wouldnt be able to fit it back at MOT time as its not something im capable of lol. They couldnt prove that the decat was fitted during the MOT anyway could they so they that wouldnt be putting my mate in any danger?

What are the chances of being stopped by VOSA? Is it something they are trying to cut down on at the mo?

Apparently VOSA are now sitting outside MOT stations on a regular basis, watching the computerised system for one to be entered at that specific location and stopping it as it leaves the test station........

I'm only presuming but wont an MOT tester who is going to look under the car see the precat, its a cat afterall and not every tester its going to know the configuration of every car.

Failing that I'm gonna gaffa tape next doors moggy to the pipe come testing time

Apparently VOSA are now sitting outside MOT stations on a regular basis, watching the computerised system for one to be entered at that specific location and stopping it as it leaves the test station........

Hmm not good. Why does the sports cat have to be so god damn expensive!!!

never had one fitted so dont know the going rate, I was kind of expecting/hoping for £50

I'd have a go at fitting it myself. I presume it will use the same hanging points?

Btw, you do know if you buy one today, three used ones will appear tomorrow?