Milltek Decat question

If I do get a new catback which I hope I will, I will have another word with RS Tuning and try and negotiate the price to £50 because they can fit it whilst im there having my map done :smile:

Thanks Fernandez!

Noddie - Thats my thinking!

Chris - I do know a friendly tester who will pass it for me

Foxspeed - I wouldnt be able to fit it back at MOT time as its not something im capable of lol. They couldnt prove that the decat was fitted during the MOT anyway could they so they that wouldnt be putting my mate in any danger?

What are the chances of being stopped by VOSA? Is it something they are trying to cut down on at the mo?

well you take your choice but relying on "good mates" at mot test centres is a bit dodgy and risky - current legislation is moving to more "exacting" standards and having a de-cat you could get pulled for noise and have them sniffing around (vosa )

once the exhaust is fitted with a "de-cat" they are not that bad to swap come mot test time

as for the cars (197/200) that pass the test without a cat i cannot see how the engines can meet the emission standards without the cat to clean up the exhaust gases - as times/mileages go by the chances of passing will decrease due to engine wear etc

the Answer is move to the Isle of Man, no speed limits out of town, no MOT one its registered here therefore no problem :smile: