Milltek Catback

Evening gents.

Done a far bit of searching and can't get a definite answer.

Will a milltek catback system give the car a flatspot ?

I'm thinking the resonated one still has the centre box so no flatspot ?

Anyone confirm this.

Thanks
Steve

Im torn what to do now.

i use the car daily and do a fair few trackdays. I don't want to exagerate the flatspot just for the sake of some weight saving and added noise?!

Is it much more noticable with a cat back and a remap?

Thanks for all the help.

Im torn what to do now.

i use the car daily and do a fair few trackdays. I don't want to exagerate the flatspot just for the sake of some weight saving and added noise?!

Is it much more noticable with a cat back and a remap?

Thanks for all the help.

I had a standard system with the centre silencer take out and the flat spot was a bit of a pain but I drove like it for 8 months. I've just put on the k-tech cat back with the decat and the flat spot is much better. I don't think putting the milltek on will ruin your driving experience.

i am wanting to know some info on this too as i currently have the resonated milltek cat back system and wanting to remove the centre silencer ... now can someone please explain what a fkat spot is and then i can see how bad mine is as atm my car does lack power gain for a short time around 2k rpm

theres another thread about this at the minute and it been proven on one or two cars that the flatspot is caused by lack of sealing on the MAP sensor.

you just tried it or you already done it? you may have to wait a few hundred miles in case the ecu adapts