Miles...

A2ON

Platinum Member
Miles wise are the 197's ok for decent milage ?

For example mines a 56 plate with 40k standard milage or average for the year . @ 10k a year

Should I be worried about the miles mounting up ??

If its been serviced and looked after and no issues allowed to become a serious problem millage shouldnt be a problem with any car :smile:

Good question, I just hit 20k in a 57 plate and I'm paranoid about it. However, Iv'e been looking for a second car (MPS 3) and I don't bat an eyelid when I see a 58 plate with 20k on the clock. I suppose when it gets right up there in the 80's plus it might be something to think about.

3 years old on the 26th march
done 39000 its there to use cant afford
2 cars.runs superb 200 miles a week to and from
work.love it:tongue_smilie:

our 182 had 39k on it when we brought it, the car was 2 years 5 months old. so u could say it had high mileage on it but the previous owner maintained it well and the damn thing pulls like a train. So mileage seems to help the Clio engine :smile:

Yeah as Rich said, the more miles on the clio the more they open up. My R27 has 22k now and you feel it opening up and changing ever so slightly!

Even my old 1.2 was a example. When i got it brand new it was slugish, but once it hit 35k and up to when i sold it at 40k (warranty expired) it felt alot better.

Miles

My R27 is coming up to 30K now, completey different car from when new.
Even more responsive and audible, the more miles you put on the better they get!

For any one who is interested in the extended warranty heres are the prices from Renault site;

4 years*/60,000 miles - £375
4 years*/80,000 miles - £565
5 years*/60,000 miles - £679
5 years*/80,000 miles - £958

It says only available to cars still in warranty at the moment though, just so you know

extended warrantys arnt worth the paper they're written on. everything that could go wrong will go down as wear and tear, so not worth the money.

Not necessarily. Think of case were most people had extended warranty. Then if no one else has suffered the same problem by same time/mileage, then could be argued that not normal wear and tear; since all cars would be showing the problem? Food for thought. The problem with them arguing down to normal wear and tear exists anyway. No different, but would rather be with warranty.

I know for some people, including myself, that the thought of warranty expiring prompts a new car, but this could be a cost effective alternative to shelling out for another car. Especially when its one that you may have lavished lots of love and attention over, not to mention ££££. Also good for resale value?

For any one who is interested in the extended warranty heres are the prices from Renault site;

4 years*/60,000 miles - £375
4 years*/80,000 miles - £565
5 years*/60,000 miles - £679
5 years*/80,000 miles - £958

It says only available to cars still in warranty at the moment though, just so you know

theres also plenty of other warranty providers outhere that will quote

Mines done 12k and the engine still feels tight as - it is a 2nd car though. From what I've read I bet these engines will be good for muchas miles if maintained properly!

I didint think mine really loosened up till 25k + really, felt good but after that it just gets better. On my mileage now it just pings through the rev's!