miles left

Roy

clio197.net legend
since having the car the petrol bleep used to come on at 35 miles left in the tank.the wife uses the car to go to work and she was doing roughly 110 miles a wk.now she is only doing 30 miles a wk since xmas and tonite she said it came on at 28 miles left.any body else seen this on theres and why the sudden drop

It depends on the mpg. if the average mpg is lower, the same amount of fuel won't get you as far if you drive on the current mpg.

I the mpg lower?

was thinking that but its always been up and down (mpg) and allways 35 mate

Does the lower mileage per week mean more driving on a cold engine? This will drop mpg and therefore number of miles before a fill up.

Maybe the 'average' mpg on the computer hasn't dropped yet if it's averaging over many thousands of miles

38mpg! Quite an achievement!

My light always comes on at 30, and then flatlines after that...I hate that chuffing alarm as well...

38mpg! Quite an achievement!

My light always comes on at 30, and then flatlines after that...I hate that chuffing alarm as well...

BEEEEP!

As you sit there bricking it thinking wtf you did wrong?

Mine's always come on around 40 as I think it just cuts off when you have a gallon left but once it cuts out you have to stop/start the car for it to check again/reset. Maybe not completely accurrate.

LOL

You have got to love the 'beep of death' first time I heard it I thought something had gone seriously wrong haha!