Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

I absolutely LOVE it John. I'd usually think something like this is a complete toilet but this just really works in my opinion. The whole effect of that Cup car with everything white and the full kit on it... blew me away in the flesh. My love for the Mk4 had been building but that tipped me right over the edge!
Soapy Sod

I'm just a bundle of love our Kev!

As for testing at 100mph plus, it's the one used on the Cup race cars. They'll have given it all the testing it needs.

I'd certainly want to know how theirs were fitted though. It's quite the thing. Probably needs to deal with a fair bit of pressure!
Not fitted by Dr Bob

Reactions: ///M
Looks really good ! Interested to see what you do with this one. I'll be honest I'm not quite sold on them just yet, but with some of the right mods they look really mean! Seen a few I really like the look of though... keep it updated! :smile:

Reactions: Pav
Thanks Matt, it's been a very smooth process indeed. It's hardly given me any time to really think about it, so I've now got to put up with it!
The Mk4 is a million miles from a Mk3, it all depends what you want from a car. If you did decide to sell up, then at least good R27's are commanding a decent premium. I'd highly recommend a test drive, and make sure you get to try it on the lanes and have ample chance to switch from full auto to paddle shift. The car is surprisingly very good in full auto, especially when you just want to kick back. The car comes alive in RS mode and makes a nice parp on the upshift.
I'll shut up now, but as you can see, I'm well and truly converted.

To be honest Micah, at the moment the Mk4 is pretty much everything I want from a car - I love the idea of the car in auto, nice and smooth to take me to work but still have the capability of putting a smile on my face in manual/sport/race mode when I fancy it.
As much as I love the rawness & N/A engine from the R27 I'm just finding it a little difficult to live with at the moment, it's my daily car that I do a very very short commute in every day and a lot of town driving. I'm finding myself with less and less chance to enjoy the car and drive it how it should be. I'll probably fall back in love with it next week but I did spend all yesterday looking at Mk4's to replace it with, although I can't find one in the spec I want at the right price (plus that delightful cup spoiler would have to be fitted almost immediately lol)

Maybe one day soon we could be Mk4 Trophy buddies but until then keep flooding us with pictures so I can't resist!

To be honest Micah, at the moment the Mk4 is pretty much everything I want from a car - I love the idea of the car in auto, nice and smooth to take me to work but still have the capability of putting a smile on my face in manual/sport/race mode when I fancy it.
As much as I love the rawness & N/A engine from the R27 I'm just finding it a little difficult to live with at the moment, it's my daily car that I do a very very short commute in every day and a lot of town driving. I'm finding myself with less and less chance to enjoy the car and drive it how it should be. I'll probably fall back in love with it next week but I did spend all yesterday looking at Mk4's to replace it with, although I can't find one in the spec I want at the right price (plus that delightful cup spoiler would have to be fitted almost immediately lol)

Maybe one day soon we could be Mk4 Trophy buddies but until then keep flooding us with pictures so I can't resist!

Gladly Matt! The car looked a bit grubby this morning so expect more pics this weekend :wink:
If I'm honest you sound like you're in EXACTLY the same place I was with my 200. It just didn't work for me anymore and I felt bad that it was going to waste as I only drive maybe once or twice a week and that's only at weekends. I feel a lot of pressure is off now, and when I see it on the drive (I still get surprised seeing a white car on it) I can't believe I've got such a great, modern looking/equipped car.
What's the exact spec you're looking for?

Gladly Matt! The car looked a bit grubby this morning so expect more pics this weekend :wink:
If I'm honest you sound like you're in EXACTLY the same place I was with my 200. It just didn't work for me anymore and I felt bad that it was going to waste as I only drive maybe once or twice a week and that's only at weekends. I feel a lot of pressure is off now, and when I see it on the drive (I still get surprised seeing a white car on it) I can't believe I've got such a great, modern looking/equipped car.

You boys are are just 2 years behind me lol! Is basically why I got my Mk4, along with some other things!

Reactions: Micah and matt9566

I think that's it, I feel like the car is going to waste. I literally live 2 minutes away from work and I often have to do a lot of short journeys here and there which is pretty difficult, jumping in and out of the Recaros, letting the car warm up to avoid cold start issue etc. I think it will be a little bit further in to the year before I can fully commit, there are a few non expensive bits on the car I'd like to sort before putting it up for sale so I could ensure I got a reasonable price back to put towards the Trophy.

Spec wise, if i'm honest full spec would be preferred in LY but white is really growing on me - Leather Seats, Akra, Bose Speakers, Renault Sport Monitor. HOWEVER, I could quite happily live with just the leather seats and buy aftermarket exhaust etc - but that's the option I don't see selected much. There is a good LY one on ebay with just the Akra at a decent price but I would really love the leather seats.

**Edit - Apologies for the thread hijack with my car situation dilemma!

I think that's it, I feel like the car is going to waste. I literally live 2 minutes away from work and I often have to do a lot of short journeys here and there which is pretty difficult, jumping in and out of the Recaros, letting the car warm up to avoid cold start issue etc. I think it will be a little bit further in to the year before I can fully commit, there are a few non expensive bits on the car I'd like to sort before putting it up for sale so I could ensure I got a reasonable price back to put towards the Trophy.

Spec wise, if i'm honest full spec would be preferred in LY but white is really growing on me - Leather Seats, Akra, Bose Speakers, Renault Sport Monitor. HOWEVER, I could quite happily live with just the leather seats and buy aftermarket exhaust etc - but that's the option I don't see selected much. There is a good LY one on ebay with just the Akra at a decent price but I would really love the leather seats.

**Edit - Apologies for the thread hijack with my car situation dilemma!

No need to apologise, there won't be much going on in this thread by way of mods, so am happy to help! I think leather will always be spec'd as an afterthought beyond other extras, so I think it will be a win-win situation for you. Leaving it later to buy one will naturally see a decrease in value, so that's another winner. Mine was registered in February this year and I paid £7k off its list price! The leather seats are no different to standard, but they just look amazing! (and probably firmer)

No need to apologise, there won't be much going on in this thread by way of mods, so am happy to help! I think leather will always be spec'd as an afterthought beyond other extras, so I think it will be a win-win situation for you. Leaving it later to buy one will naturally see a decrease in value, so that's another winner. Mine was registered in February this year and I paid £7k off its list price! The leather seats are no different to standard, but they just look amazing! (and probably firmer)

Yeah I'd noticed that they have come down quite a lot from list if you buy very lightly used/ex demo, I fully spec'd one in white and that came through at £25,790 list and there is one on eBay in the same spec for roughly £7k off that price with only 500 miles! I think at that price they should stay pretty stable and not lose much more money after the initial hit.

Yeah I didn't realise until yesterday when I was looking more in depth that the leather seats aren't the same/similar as the original trophy ones, they're just the same as standard but in leather.

Thanks for the chat/info, now it's time to have a sit down and have a proper good think and see what the best way to move forward is!

I hate catching up while on hols..sorry Micah for replying so late..not enough time to come here when all the lovely ladies here are showing more than its allowed:hearteyes:
Car looks awesome and i hope you will have enough time to fall in love with her even more..how's the extra power and torque?

Last edited:
Reactions: Micah
I hate catching up while on hols..sorry Micah for replying so late..no enough time to come here when all the lovely ladies here are showing more than its allowed:hearteyes:
Car looks awesome and i hope you will have enough time to fall in love with her even more..how's the extra power and torque?

Thanks Pav, surprised you have the energy to even type :tearsofjoy:
I'm already in love with it, I can't stop looking at it on the drive when I leave for work. Sadly I haven't driven it since Monday evening, but we are going out tonight so I've literally got butterflies - roll on 6.30pm when I get home! I've already forgotten what it's like to drive, but power and torque seem pretty peachy :wink:
Enjoy the rest of your hols, and get your strength up you little turbocharged stud-muffin x

Reactions: Pav
Yeah I'd noticed that they have come down quite a lot from list if you buy very lightly used/ex demo, I fully spec'd one in white and that came through at £25,790 list and there is one on eBay in the same spec for roughly £7k off that price with only 500 miles! I think at that price they should stay pretty stable and not lose much more money after the initial hit.

Yeah I didn't realise until yesterday when I was looking more in depth that the leather seats aren't the same/similar as the original trophy ones, they're just the same as standard but in leather.

Thanks for the chat/info, now it's time to have a sit down and have a proper good think and see what the best way to move forward is!

The wingback seats in the pre-facelift look pure sex, but I like the way they've done the new ones in leather. Even the cloth seats are super supportive laterally, more so than Recaro's in my opinion.
Any questions at all mate, or you need pictures/videos of the various options, just drop me a PM. Always happy to help.
I got mine through Renault Retail so they have a lot of pre-reg/ex demo/manager cars for sale across a huge network, and all are in truly excellent condition - can't find a single fault on mine, even the wheels are kerb free. Mine had 2,600 miles on the clock but mileage doesn't worry me in the slightest as I'll do maybe 5k a year, it was more about the remainder of the warranty.

The wingback seats in the pre-facelift look pure sex, but I like the way they've done the new ones in leather. Even the cloth seats are super supportive laterally, more so than Recaro's in my opinion.
Any questions at all mate, or you need pictures/videos of the various options, just drop me a PM. Always happy to help.
I got mine through Renault Retail so they have a lot of pre-reg/ex demo/manager cars for sale across a huge network, and all are in truly excellent condition - can't find a single fault on mine, even the wheels are kerb free. Mine had 2,600 miles on the clock but mileage doesn't worry me in the slightest as I'll do maybe 5k a year, it was more about the remainder of the warranty.

They look brilliant don't they, I considered a pre-facelift one however as you have said it's the remainder of warranty that's key for me.. I too only do 5-6000 miles a year.

You're a star Micah, many thanks mate! Enjoy the drive out tonight!

Reactions: Micah
Out with the old and in with the new!

9a262829099dfaff6659336125e7b77c.jpg
5bafed7344e699bc79f910c478d2547f.jpg

And then a few shots in the car park at Bluewater with a bit of filter to sex it up a bit!

42e2c108dec21865d5df1db778ea9bd3.jpg
9387496cb625de752fa3818fa4778cc0.jpg
9123e15a80e98ced5af30e3121481e55.jpg
3fd9b1d95da9b3ca0187cafb5398d430.jpg

Looking forward to a dry weekend where I can throw the car around a bit.

Again nice photos!

On a side note I'm the complete opposite of you guys as I'm looking at other cars because I'm using my Clio too much! Haha already on 70,000!