Merry Xmas from the 200

So when I brought the car it had a rattle underneath that I never got round to sorting.. Had a scorpion exhaust fitted, caused the rattle to get louder and a flat spot around 2-3k. Have no idea what's happened but driving it now there's a huge rattle on the flat spot and it feels/sounds horrible! Any ideas what it could be?

What kind of cost is that to sort? It's also popping and gurgling like mad

They do pop, thats not unusual, particularly if its none resonated.

If its a manifold, its not a cheap fix. Different options though, plenty of threads on it.

I've thought the whole time it was a heat shield or clamp.. Will get under it tomorrow and see what's going on. Bloody car :worried:

Driven it again today, i changed my mind.. it's not so much a rattle it sounds mora like a tyre rubbing against an arch.. It's a drone/hum when it hits certain revs. :/

Driven it again today, i changed my mind.. it's not so much a rattle it sounds mora like a tyre rubbing against an arch.. It's a drone/hum when it hits certain revs. :/

Is the rattle coming from the front or rear of the car?

If it's the rear, drop the diffuser and make sure the exhaust is aligned properly and isn't touching anything, like the well for the spare tools, diffuser itself or some heat shielding. These exhaust are pain in the arse to align properly.

Last edited:
Is the rattle coming from the front or rear of the car?

If it's the rear, drop the diffuser and make sure the exhaust is aligned properly and isn't touching anything, like the well for the spare tools, diffuser itself or some heat shielding. These exhaust are pain in the arse to align properly.

It's all aligned spot on, in fact it's not even close to touching anything, It's more a drone (sounds like when a tyre rubs the arch on a lowered car) It makes this loud drone sound inbetween 2-3k revs and again around 7-8k. You can feel the vibrations through the whole car, seats, pedals, steering etc...

It's all aligned spot on, in fact it's not even close to touching anything, It's more a drone (sounds like when a tyre rubs the arch on a lowered car) It makes this loud drone sound inbetween 2-3k revs and again around 7-8k. You can feel the vibrations through the whole car, seats, pedals, steering etc...

Hi mate i had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago and noticed the wheel arch liner was catching the osf tyre the cause was whoever fitted my gearbox in Renault, when putting the subframe back on had not aligned the washer bottle (groove at the bottom) that locates in a hole in the subframe on properly so was loose and sitting against the arch liner pushing it back against the tyre!! Its a pain to sort but if you have small enough hands can loosen the 10mm bolt at the top and locate in place without removing the bumper. Hope this helps mate. ☺

Hi mate i had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago and noticed the wheel arch liner was catching the osf tyre the cause was whoever fitted my gearbox in Renault, when putting the subframe back on had not aligned the washer bottle (groove at the bottom) that locates in a hole in the subframe on properly so was loose and sitting against the arch liner pushing it back against the tyre!! Its a pain to sort but if you have small enough hands can loosen the 10mm bolt at the top and locate in place without removing the bumper. Hope this helps mate. ☺

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've checked my arch liners and don't seem to be any problem. Also it only does it between 2-3k and 7-8k. Would have thought it would have been constant if it was the arch liner. Pretty sure it's something to do with the exhaust. Will have to wait a few days until i can get it up on a ramp and have a good look!

Im have the same problem after refitting my stock exhaust. Im guessing it's one of the exhaust hangers or a clogged cat. My vibration is between 3.5k and 4k

[MENTION=3159]fano45[/MENTION] Turned out mine was the flexi pipes so ordered a complete new manifold what's being fit tomorrow.

Ah cool man. Mine only occured immediately after refitting the stock exhaust do i doubt its the manifold. Getting it on the lift tomorrow

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pav General Chat 13
Nick197RS General Chat 8
shells2074 General Chat 11
Raptor6767 General Chat 12
Ashton Site Announcements 39