Megane 225 alloy advice

Ok so I have set my heart on these for my nimbus 197, Its lowered on Eibachs.

1. Are they the same offset as 197 Alloys?
2. If not will I get away with 16mm spacers?
3. Anyone that has them, do they make a noticeable difference to handling?

cheers

Dan

they fit, bigger wheels going to lift a little bit more as 18" and clio's are 17", you will be ok with spacers, but personally i wouldnt.

someone correct me if i am wrong, but im sure i heard somewhere, bigger wheels make the car slower, might of been aimed at a car than comes with like 15" and slammed some 20" rimms on mind... not 17-18"

But the difference in tyre profile almost negates the difference in rim diameter so the main difference you'll notice is a harsher ride from the lower profile tyres.

had megane wheels on and now got r26r wheels on

go for 225/35 to lower the gearing or go for 225/40 to be about the same

as for handling....its the tyres that make the biggest difference - i am using hankook rs2 great in the dry but in the wet.......:bye2:

i remember seeing a black 197/200 i think on here uber clean with black 18" meg wheels looked amazing !!!!

mine are 18x8 r26r wheels ie same as 200raider :thumbup1:

Nice one, (sorry to hijack the thread a bit) what tyres are you running Foxspeed? I've read somewhere that 215 in the minimum you can put on a 8'' wheel but the ideal would be 225. Renault uses 215 so is it a bit of a stretch you reckon? I want to buy a set of 8'' and I can't make up my mind on the tyre width...thanks

I've also got a set of Trophy/R26 rims that I purchased to go on my Laguna GT-T but they really don't suit it. Currently got them flatted down in prep for new undercoat and paint so name your colour and £280 will buy em.

I've also got some rubber for them but they're cheap and have 4mm left... Only £60 though.

Mick

Nice one, (sorry to hijack the thread a bit) what tyres are you running Foxspeed? I've read somewhere that 215 in the minimum you can put on a 8'' wheel but the ideal would be 225. Renault uses 215 so is it a bit of a stretch you reckon? I want to buy a set of 8'' and I can't make up my mind on the tyre width...thanks

yeh renault use 215 - seen them on the raider and they look fine

i use 225 and hankook rs2 until they are worn out then will switch to bridgestone potenza i think but in 225 still :smile: