Maxi cosi and Recaro

Hello everyone,

A week ago our daughter was born.

Now a week later we are trying to put the baby seat in the clio.
But we stumbled upon a few issues ...

1. It's very hard to get the baby seat in the back due to the recaro seats
2. When trying to install it on the passenger front seat, there is no deactivation button for the airbag. WTF ...

What are my options now?

1. I opened up the spot where the airbag activation normally resides. There I found a connector. Can I install a deactivation switch there ?
2. Should I pull some plug beneath the passenger recaro ?
3. If none of those work, I will try uninstalling the passenger recaro for better access to the rear.

Please advise me, because I know some of you already had issues with the airbag while retrofitting the recaros.

The cut off for the Airbag should be on the side of the dash, you'll see it hen you open the passenger door. Or at least that's where it is on the 197...

You can squeeze the seat in the back?

We managed to get our Mamma's and pappa's babyseat in the back.

unfourtunately these are all no options.

Through the rear does not work as my girl friend really isn't that strong, because the max-cosi is quite heavy.

And I'm not able to put it in the rear, without my child having a whiplash :worried:

I'm looking for a technical solution.

I know its no help but I can get a Maxi cosi cabrio fix in and out without issuse..... but I have standard 197 seats.

air bag on/off switch is on the drivers side end of the dash - open the door to get to it

Recaros = NO! Passenger airbag deactivation.

Choices = leave the baby at home, walk, bus, new car, or struggle with the seat in the back.