R3 Maxi Airbox Fitment/Header Tank Relocation?

massivewangers

Paid Member
I was looking through a thread about fitting Cup racer suspension bits, and noticed this:

064d5cdfe58780c54788e0436c25e673.jpg

I have the same R3 Maxi airbox to go on my car, so was wondering what header tank had been used above? Anyone happen to recognise it? It looks fairly neat.

On most R3s I've seen, the factory header tank is shifted over slightly, so it sits more behind the nearside headlight, like this:

renault-clio-r-maxi.jpeg

From the R.S. manual, it looks like there are some bespoke hoses and a bracket to relocate it. Also, the PAS reservoir is located on the offside, so I guess that makes the other header tank impossible in this application, not that it would impact most of us of course.

Are R Sport still going? Their website doesn't seem to work anymore. Was wondering if it might be possible to get the bracket/hoses still. Looks like some of them are hard pipes, rather than rubber hoses, judging by the manual.

I suppose the final, and biggest question is, does the factory radiator get in the way of the R3 Maxi intake, or will it fit above it? Anyone tried?

Thanks for your help!

@A1axx's old car in the original pic

Reactions: massivewangers

@A1axx's old car in the original pic

Thanks. Going through the thread, it looks like it's from a Dacia Sandero if anyone else is interested!

Yeah I was going to say Dacia Sandero, but been years since I been through it lol.

It looks quite neat, though would obviously require custom hoses, so may be just as easy to relocate the existing tank over a bit.

I also answered the rad clearance question with a bit of reading. Looks like there is a piece of plastic above the rad which you have to make a hole through, then the intake passes through it.

You can see the hose extensions in the diagram below, as well as the bracket:

Annotation 2020-06-11 150244.png

Reactions: RSRowe