Luck or a sign of things to come?

Well i've hade my GW 200 cup for just shy of three years. Three years 23000 miles of faultless driving fun. BUT about 3 months ago the passenger side dash air bag panel decided to come away from the dash! Nice new dash (full not just air bag panel) under warrenty. About a week ago the gear box started to crunch when going into 4th, so trip to local dealer today results in new gear box.

The point of this thread is, should i take this as a sign and get rid of the 200 before anything else breaks outside of the warrenty. Or now these common!! faults have been cured will i have trouble free motoring for years to come?

Lucky to get this far mine fell to pieces in the first 5k but after many visits to renault dealers for warranty work it was all sorted and has been smooth ever since. If your happy with it stick with it :smile:

Stick with it. Mine is on 65k now and aside from a worn track rod all is well!

You've had the major things replaced, shoudl be plain sailing from here on in...... maybe.....

The gearbox is really the main thing to worry about in fairness. If yours has already been replaced I'd be pretty happy to keep it. At the end of the buy, unless you go out and buy another new car (costing you £££) you could just end up side-stepping in to something just-as or possibly even more un-reliable.

My sister and brother in law mocked me when I bought Renault since they only drive BMW,VAG,Mec. Their current 325i has done nothing but brake down since they bought it, so too has their current E-Class.

If only we could use crystal balls :smile:

I would say you are worrying too much, just enjoy it! Wear and tear will ultimately have an affect on costs as the car gets older so it doesn't matter if it's a Renault or a Rolls Royce (obviously costs are relative).

My Cup has turned 3 years old this year (16k miles) and to be fair has spent most of it's time on track being driven hard. It's had a new engine at 8k miles (factory defect) but other than that, nothing else such as the gearbox has gone on me. It's luck of the draw..... and just because it's German, doesn't mean it'll be any better. On my last 911, it had it's fair share of things that needed replacing inside it's factory 2 year warranty but an extended warranty took the worry away.

Keep having fun driving it!

BTW - On a certain "toll road" in Germany over the weekend, let's hope my 200 comes back with no faults!

years four and five is usually where the real costs are...

3yrs/60k should be an easy ride for a new motor with very little warranty claim etc

the small car derived vans where i used to work we got rid at 3yrs due to the upward pressure of maintainance...

Similar Thread Suggestions