lowering springs ratting question :S

I fitted these H&R lowering springs about 6-7 months ago now.
but i didn't remove the old rubber bits from the bottom of the old springs, maily becasue one of them was all broken anyway. the rubber bit that sits on the bottom of the spring that rests on the metal shock plate.

now recently, i am getting a lot of noise from the lumpy roads, sounds liek the springs ratting around on the bottom of the shock plate. do i need to put these rubbers things on.

Its mainly the OSF spring making the noise. also the abs seems to come on a lot on that wheel, i am assuming thats just my wornout tyres making it lock quicker and the abs cutting in.

i am thinking if i put the plastic/rubber bits back on it will stop this annoying wratting, its really quite annoying now, and i am thinking of just sticking the normal springs back on.

Id say if the abs is cutting in your shock is on the way out. This is what keeps the wheel in contact with the road, If its sensing it 'bouncing' by not being damped it could be the problem. Also you are supposed to fit that rubber form the old spring.....

Id say if the abs is cutting in your shock is on the way out. This is what keeps the wheel in contact with the road, If its sensing it 'bouncing' by not being damped it could be the problem. Also you are supposed to fit that rubber form the old spring.....

was going to suggest the same - damper faulty

as for the spring coil plastic sleeves - should be fitted to the new springs this stops the coils from being metal-to-metal and hence noise :thumbup1: