Lowering Springs Height Issue

matthewson

Paid Member
I have recently had a set of H&R 30/40mm springs fitted to my FF 197.

I have an issue where one side of the front sits noticeably higher than the other. I know it's not the most logical way of telling but on the drivers side I can fit one finger between the tyre and arch and on the passengers side it's 3 fingers!

I went to have the tracking done today and they agreed with me. I will be taking it back to the garage that did the work for me.

Has anyone else had this issue before or do they know what the possible cause might be?

Thanks,
Matt

I like the thinking but there has definitely been 4 fitted as I have the originals at home!

I'll have a nose later and see if there is anything obvious :smile:

You do have to let them settle a bit. The drivers side can settle quicker due to the extra weight but there shouldn't be a difference like that.

See how it is after a good spirited drive.

Perfect excuse for a hoon around the countryside!

I hope you're not saying I'm the extra weight on the drivers side! :scared:

I've fitted the braided hoses I got from you [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]. Also sent you an email for a few other bits but yet to get a reply!

Perfect excuse for a hoon around the countryside!

I hope you're not saying I'm the extra weight on the drivers side! :scared:

I've fitted the braided hoses I got from you [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]. Also sent you an email for a few other bits but yet to get a reply!

I'll have a look for your email and get back to you this weekend. Good to hear you have the lines on :thumbup:

have you looked to see if the coil ends are in the spring pans correctly?
would do this..but going for a spin??i wouldnt recommend as the spring may have been fitted badly and presume you wouldnt want to find out while driving it hard..just be cautious..:tomato:

would do this..but going for a spin??i wouldnt recommend as the spring may have been fitted badly and presume you wouldnt want to find out while driving it hard..just be cautious..:tomato:

I've seen this on quite a few cars after springs have been fitted. Worth looking but very rarely a fitment issue more down to being new springs that need bedding in.

Can anyone help me?I'm looking to buy some eibach springs,but coz my rs is a 60 Plate but registered in 2011,I could have either of the top mounts on the car.anyone else had same experience?

Can anyone help me?I'm looking to buy some eibach springs,but coz my rs is a 60 Plate but registered in 2011,I could have either of the top mounts on the car.anyone else had same experience?

If its regged in 2011 then that will be the newer style... Iirc its 06/10