Low speed, stationary groaning noise?

So a few weeks ago I had my car off the road and had a new front end up on which has really tidied it up.

The car now groans when steering stationary or at low speed?
At first I thought maybe where the front bumper and undertray was off maybe a moving part had surface rust that would rub off when used again; but having cleaned under there its not this.
It's also not inside the car via the wheel as it can be heard from outside the car more so?

Anyone had this before? Cars going for an MOT and it's 6 month service (yes I have my cars serviced every 6 months) next week so should be found then, but would be good to know if anything needs replacing to get it ordered up now.

Thanks guys

matt

So a few weeks ago I had my car off the road and had a new front end up on which has really tidied it up.

The car now groans when steering stationary or at low speed?
At first I thought maybe where the front bumper and undertray was off maybe a moving part had surface rust that would rub off when used again; but having cleaned under there its not this.
It's also not inside the car via the wheel as it can be heard from outside the car more so?

Anyone had this before? Cars going for an MOT and it's 6 month service (yes I have my cars serviced every 6 months) next week so should be found then, but would be good to know if anything needs replacing to get it ordered up now.

Thanks guys

matt

Sounds like a power steering pump? If it's groaning when stationary turning sounds like stress.

Sounds like the lower hub swivel bearing.

Have a search as there are threads explain that you can get the bearing on its own from R Sport in Wimbledon. Main dealers don't list the part separately and will sell you a complete hub.

Sounds like the lower hub swivel bearing.

Have a search as there are threads explain that you can get the bearing on its own from R Sport in Wimbledon. Main dealers don't list the part separately and will sell you a complete hub.

most likely this

power steering is by electric motor - no pump or fluid

Thanks for all your comments.

lower hub swivel bearing, right I shall get onto R Sport.

020 8542 0042 this the correct number? As they have no official website?