Looking at getting new Exhaust System

Maybe but what I actually wanted to buy is a straight through pipe,removing the second cat, to the rear box, to fit the oem system. Cant find one though off the shelf ! Going to purchase one tomorrow, will double check between both systems mentioned !

I think yous are all mad paying stupid money to add about 3bhp if tht,if you want more noise buy the cheapest 1 as they will all do the same in the real world because the original isnt restrictive

For the same price as the scorpion there is Cobra, loud when you want it to be and quiet inside at low revs, depending on where you are based as well they offer free installation if you get fitted from their workshop in sheffield

I think yous are all mad paying stupid money to add about 3bhp if tht,if you want more noise buy the cheapest 1 as they will all do the same in the real world because the original isnt restrictive

All the systems are similarly priced, apart from the Akrapovic, where you get superior build quality, superior sound and the car doesnt need remapping, where you probaly would with a cat delete and none resonted in another system.

Mine has a ktec full system which is no where newr the price of a akrapovic yeah fair enough i needed to buy a decat seperate but still no where near £1000 or however much it is

Id be going scorpion before milltek, people have had fitting/rattling issues with the milltek and I personally think the scorpion sounds better.
Went for the Milltek non res plus de cat pipe in the end. Purely because there 76.2mm, must be a man thing !

Bigger isn't always better, you want the smallest one that's big enough, the smaller the pipe the higher the speed of the exhaust gasses=more torque, the smallest system that isn't too restrictive is the one to have. The principal is the same with induction and inlet to the engine.
It's not just the amount you can get in or out, the speed of which what's getting in or out is a big factor in performance engines.

Bigger isn't always better, you want the smallest one that's big enough, the smaller the pipe the higher the speed of the exhaust gasses=more torque, the smallest system that isn't too restrictive is the one to have. The principal is the same with induction and inlet to the engine.
It's not just the amount you can get in or out, the speed of which what's getting in or out is a big factor in performance engines.
I didn't mean the exhaust bore size, was referring to the exit diameter.

Well be careful it's not to close to the diffuser as the heat can melt it. Try to make sure it's central in the holes, as it's not that noticeable close up if they're not. I've spoken to a couple of people who have had that issue.

Some people like good quality products.

Curious but why do people have remaps that cost a few hundred for probably an unnoticeable increase in bhp? Flat spot eradication? Which some say doesn't actually. And do you have to do more than one remap to get way more bhp?

Curious but why do people have remaps that cost a few hundred for probably an unnoticeable increase in bhp? Flat spot eradication? Which some say doesn't actually. And do you have to do more than one remap to get way more bhp?

a lot of it is to smooth out the car and give you a more linear power delivery, and yes the flat spot.

The benefits of a remap isn't really the increase in power, it's the improvement in drivability, we all have opinions but it improved my car. Afterwards it was more keen. Before it felt like it couldn't be bothered until you'd got to 3500 then it would re consider, now it feels like it wants to get a move on.