Looking at buying and have some questions!!

I am looking at getting at a 197 and have been told about the 2007 models having a slightly different gearing for 6th gear. I know it doesn't make a lot of difference but are there any other changes other than it being slightly newer?

Definitely want Xenons, CC and Full Service history. Seen alot of red ones but not many Alibi Blues..(or even any racing blues for sale)

(Have a budget of around £6500 if anyone has any suggestions)

These are my two i'm considering:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3378331.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3515446.htm

I know the second one isn't actually a 2007 btw

Theres actually some well priced ones out there at the moment!

Thanks

Liam

Has the 1st one been lowered?
Make sure it's had Cambelt change
Ain't that much diff in the gearbox

They both look good mate, but bear in mind that anything on a 57 or older will NEED the Cambelt changing at some point in 2012.

I've just bought a 197 this week but have been looking at different ones for over two months, i wanted a cup but if i'd have wanted a FF the choice was great, theres plenty of them about.

I'd have chosen red had i not wanted a cup.

Get out there and try a few, i've looked at around 15, driven 8 and even had a bump in one ;/ but it was the 6th one i drove before i acctually 'clicked' with one and thought this is the one for me.

There are plenty out there, don't buy the first one you see, but that red one with recaros looks nice.

I think I would be more tempted by the 1st one as that looks immaculate and has climate control unlike the 2nd one which looks to be a cup?
Even the steering wheel appears to be in good condition on the 1st and I would be wanting to have a good look at the Recaro's in the 2nd being as they have cut off the bolster in the photo which is prone to wear.

At the risk of sounding like an anorak, they only made the cups in white, grey and racing blue and it's too old to be a cup on an 06.

No cup pack either, it has silver calipers.

I'll get me (snorkel) coat ;/

At the risk of sounding like an anorak, they only made the cups in white, grey and racing blue and it's too old to be a cup on an 06.

No cup pack either, it has silver calipers.

I'll get me (snorkel) coat ;/

Your probably right as I'm not very clued up on the 197 as I went for a 200 so only really know the spec on them lol

First one has Xenons, dunno about the second!!

No it has projectors dude, xenon cars have washers built into the bumper alot of people make that mistake and most car dealers sell the projectors as xenons.

The second also has projectors by the looks of it.

Last edited:
I have a 56 plate 197 and it does 18.5mph /1000 revs in 6th. So it is a bit buzzy on the motorway. IIRC the later models have a revised 5th and 6th gear which drops the revs by around 200 for the same speed.

If your going to be going up and down the motorway, then a 197/200 probably isn't the best choice of car. For anything else is the nuts. Personally I am very happy with the gear ratios I have. They are perfectly suited to the engine and are 'purer' to the nature of the car.

Get a FF. You will appreciate the toys more than you think you will.