Looking at a 197

Hi just wandering if I could a bit of advice from you guys. I am going to look at a 2007 duel fuel (petrol/ LPG) 197 tomorrow. The problem is it has 76000 miles on it. But I am just wandering how strong the clio engine is. Do you think it is too much or is it even a waste of time? He is looking £4700 for it, but it also has the recaro interior.
Thanks.

You got a link to the add? Generally engines are a strong point ie. dont "usually" go wrong.

One with an LPG conversion?!! That will be awesomely cheap(er) to run lol!!!

Wonder if there's any difference in performance?

One with an LPG conversion?!! That will be awesomely cheap(er) to run lol!!!

Wonder if there's any difference in performance?

I'm sure with LPG you need to advance the timing to get the performance benefits. LPG is, something like 110 octane so can be really good in performance engines. Not for idle or cold starts though.

Be interesting to get feedback from your test drive as I've always wondered what a Clio would be like on LPG

Where I live, 4700 is quite cheap for a 2007 with recaros, even with that mileage. Has the cambelt been done?

I'm not sure. I will have to ask him on Tuesday. I think with the LPG it affects performance negatively by about 5% at high engine speed, but that's what I read online. Although it is dual so you can switc between that and petrol as far as I know. So in regards to mileage then, so long as it is looked after and I can get can belt done or make sure it has even done it should be OK? And I would also have to get those red badges changed.

The belt has to be done every 72000miles/5 years, whichever comes first. If it hasn't been done you'll have to do it quickly. Cost: 500ish. I bought mine £4700, same year, 53000 miles without recaros and had to get a new cambelt fitted.

The belt has to be done every 72000miles/5 years, whichever comes first. If it hasn't been done you'll have to do it quickly. Cost: 500ish. I bought mine £4700, same year, 53000 miles without recaros and had to get a new cambelt fitted.

I will have to say to him tomorrow. But I have a friend who is a mechanic so it just getting the parts and the timing tools ect.