Locks playing up :(

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
Well got a nice welcome home this morning.

Been looking forward all week to driving the car again after being away for a week.
But. Went to get in this morning and the doors wouldn't open.
Ended up using emergency key to get in.
But now I have to put card in slot to start it and it won't lock with keyless entry buttons.?

Anyone had this before.?
Presuming it's because it's been stood in the damp for a week.

Thats strange mate, I have had my car stood for a week with no problems. Do any of the buttons work on any of the keys?

Nope. No buttons on either card or either door.
Was stood for a week last year and was fine but that's when in was still under waranty so was bound to start playing up now.

Any idea what they replaced last time?

Does the car still lock from the inside?

It cant be the key cards unless its bad coincidence that both are broke.

if the batteries are dead in the cards the locks dont work - easy job to change the battery

stupid French cars...

thought it maybe the cards needed resynchronising, so was just about to go to the dealers.

got in the car and put foot on brake and pressed start as always(forgetting it didnt work at the moment) and surprise the car started.
so i turned it off and tried again expecting it not to start (as this morning i had to put the card in the slot to start it)
but it started again.
so turned off again, got out the car and lo and be hold it locked.
all door buttons and card buttons now work again including the keyless start and entry.

stupid French cars.

what is the card you speek about jase ?

i have noticed a card slot on my dash but i have not seen any card. ? should i have one.

stupid French cars...

thought it maybe the cards needed resynchronising, so was just about to go to the dealers.

got in the car and put foot on brake and pressed start as always(forgetting it didnt work at the moment) and surprise the car started.
so i turned it off and tried again expecting it not to start (as this morning i had to put the card in the slot to start it)
but it started again.
so turned off again, got out the car and lo and be hold it locked.
all door buttons and card buttons now work again including the keyless start and entry.

stupid French cars.

just think saved yourself a £150 dealer job there !!!

what is the card you speek about jase ?

i have noticed a card slot on my dash but i have not seen any card. ? should i have one.

key card.
you should have 2 unless you have a cheapo cup. LOL.!

Jase, my locks always do it, plus mine has been playing up on the start. I have to make sure I cause my steering wheel to lock as if it doesnt lock manually then it takes ages to start when i get back in the car.

Gotta love the Clio.

key card.
you should have 2 unless you have a cheapo cup. LOL.!

just tryed them in the slot and they fit lol, i thought that they would be to big.

(you learn something new every day).

i was waiting for the misses to do the shopping the other week, and i was sitting in the car listening to the stereo after an hour the stereo switched off, came up on the dash insert key card im like wtf i aint got one of them lol.

DOH,

yeh stereo will turn off after so long so the battery doesnt go flat.
you can over ride it by putting the card in the slot.

yeh stereo will turn off after so long so the battery doesnt go flat.
you can over ride it by putting the card in the slot.

it bleeps before going off to give you notice - just press the button again and it will stay on

I think the card keys charge when they are in the slot :S Maybe your battery just needed charging.

i dont think they do on renaults - on the very latest fords they do "recharge" the key batteries when in the ignition - but the cro2025 battery in the key cards are not normally rechargeable

i dont think they do on renaults - on the very latest fords they do "recharge" the key batteries when in the ignition - but the cro2025 battery in the key cards are not normally rechargeable

Awk well, your must have just been having a typical Renault hissy fit then Jase lol