Local dealership. Am I being fobbed off?

I have this problem on mines aswell think il be taking it to bearsden aswell to get fixed then. I thought i had just spilled oil on when i was topping it up !

Quango just to add they said if it had been a single bolt leaking the usual fix is to use sealant which is understandable. However mines had multiple bolts leaking in opposing locations on the cam cover which is why, when they sent the images the tech took of the leaks, Renault approved full cam cover removal/inspection under warranty. Have a good look to see if there is more than the usual leaky bolt next to spark plug 1.

Yeah it was only the one bolt with mine. All i did was tell the service man and he instantly said its a common issue with the F4R and booked the car in. He didnt even come and have a look. Just a word of advice before you ring RUK, take the car to another Renault dealership and see what they say because once you make a warranty claim the original garage are the only people who can deal with the issue.

I hope you get this sorted.

""take the car to another Renault dealership and see what they say because once you make a warranty claim the original garage are the only people who can deal with the issue""
WHAT!!!!
I didnt know that:swear:

See there are real mechanics out there not just total flankers we so much of
Good result in the end

I've had the same hassle with the dealers in Glasgow. They are useless. Not to mention taking the car out a joyride which they denied but later admited to RUK after they investigated it.

Yeah it was only the one bolt with mine. All i did was tell the service man and he instantly said its a common issue with the F4R and booked the car in. He didnt even come and have a look. Just a word of advice before you ring RUK, take the car to another Renault dealership and see what they say because once you make a warranty claim the original garage are the only people who can deal with the issue.

I hope you get this sorted.

Not true. I had the main RS dealer in Glasgow start a warranty repair. They failed bad. RUK then booked it into my local Renault dealer. Who said there was not a problem. Knowing one of the guys in the workshop I got some inside info that the service manager "couldn't be arsed" with the job.

After sending RUK a video of the fault they aggreed it was not right so the car was then taken to Ness Motors in Perth where the fault was diagnosed within 2 minutes and replacement parts ordered there and then.

Ruined the whole experience tbh hence I got rid after a month and a half after getting it.

REN uk will sort that out. tell then exactly what they said and they will get a rocket for bad customer service.

Well I got the car back from Bearsden Renault and they fixed the cam cover bolt leak, I can see new blue coloured sealant where the cover joins with the head so it seems to have been inspected properly.

However the car has new scuffs on the front bumper where the tech would have been leaning over to do the timing belt, some are pretty deep. The angles of the marks make it obvious. Also more scuffs on the sideskirt (why cant they bloody step out of the cars with care?)I cant be bothered argueing about it with them and will sort the affected areas myself via a local bodyshop that I've used before and are very very good, they offered me a stupidly cheap price to sort it. I advise people to go over the car with any dealership in detail.
The steering wheel now has a wobble at 60-70mph as well, this is probably down to a wheel weight being knocked off due to removal of the wheel. I bloody hope it is. It wasn't there before it went in.
Finally, someone forgot to do the window seal, I was told it had been done but there's obviously been some error in communications with the staff so it has to go back in next week.

*Big mutherf***ing sigh*

PS:Which dealership was it that took your car for a joyride Adam and how did you figure out they did? Hope it wasnt the same people I used!