Liquid Yellow 200

I was also considering a meme number plate, I found CL10 JPG (clio.jpg)! Would give the photographer a laugh next time I am on track!

• Haha
Reactions: Addison
Just had a new official Renault windscreen fitted from https://www.glasstecauto.co.uk/. Mine was original, was showing its age and had some small chips, one of which comes up on the MOT as a minor defect.

I paid £575 for the windscreen and installation inclusive and Paul has done fantastic work!

I am booked in for an evening track day at Brands Hatch in April and hope to finally test the car out with its new pads and braided hoses. I’m not sure if I will move on the limited slip differential before or after the track day, but it is declared on my insurance policy and will definitely happen in the next couple of months.

I have fully comprehensive insurance and I paid £85 for a new windscreen because windscreen insurance is part of it. I have asked for genuine windscreens before the 172 Clio had heat reflective glass and to be sure the guys made sure it was a genuine window.

I have done windscreens through insurance before and received poor workmanship in the past, including a windscreen not installed straight, although its not visible under the seals.

I didn’t want to mess around with that this time and found Paul who is highly, and repeatedly recommended.

Cool we are in Northern Ireland so less room for cowboys to hide you tend to know who is doing the work and if something is not done right they will not do any more work as the word gets around to the point that most people will redo a job without any pressure a kind of a benefit to being in a smaller area.

A small update on the car!

Last night I took part in an evening track day at Brands Hatch. This is the first time I've had the car on circuit with the DS2500 pads (front) and HEL performance braided lines (both front and rear) despite having them fitted in September. I am using standard Brembo pads at the rear and Motul RBF660 fluid.

It was nice to see such a large number of Clio 200s, 197s and 182/172s. However, unlike mine, almost all of them had a stripped interior, cage and semi-slicks. Yet, despite running just Eagle F1s, and suffering from a fair weight disadvantage due to having a full interior and almost full tank of fuel, I think the car held its own. You do start to notice the weight on the straights as the lightened cars have caught up before the braking zone for the next corner. However, I have no intentions of turning mine into a dedicated track car.

It must be said that the brakes throughout the entire evening were phenomenal without even a hint of fade. I think the lack of a limited slip differential and stickier rubber is starting to show and these are the two upgrades that I will start to look at next. I also need to focus more on lines, and forgetting about what other cars are doing (of course still checking mirrors and letting faster drivers past).

03a2796146341a0170e24ef268783331426b4043.jpg

9bfcc48bee145fa2cbc92355e97b775b57fa9373.jpg

f4fc443945d9a64619d157e82528333e2b9297b4.jpg

Great shots! Final corner showing the lack of LSD? Turning off TC can help sometimes on brands.

Out of interest how busy was the evening? Did a few evenings at brands hatch last year and it was incredibly busy.

Reactions: grobinson1
Yeah, I run all TDs with traction turned off. Stops the car eating brake pads!

The evening sessions can be quite busy. What I tend to do is wait in the paddock for the first 15 minutes and then go out when all the other drivers come in to cool down.

Reactions: LiamP
Just had a new official Renault windscreen fitted from https://www.glasstecauto.co.uk/. Mine was original, was showing its age and had some small chips, one of which comes up on the MOT as a minor defect.

I paid £575 for the windscreen and installation inclusive and Paul has done fantastic work!

I am booked in for an evening track day at Brands Hatch in April and hope to finally test the car out with its new pads and braided hoses. I’m not sure if I will move on the limited slip differential before or after the track day, but it is declared on my insurance policy and will definitely happen in the next couple of months.

I heard great things about Paul @ Glasstec and contacted him about sorting the screen out in my Porsche.
He was miles ways from me and recommended a guy in Lincolnshire, about 1/2hr away who would do the job.
Turns out by all accounts the old lad who did my screen was the guy that trained Paul.
I only had a repair, but its been good for the four years that I've had the car!

(and BTW when I bought the RS200 the dealer said it needed a replacement screen so arranged for one to be fitted and it was a non-gen screen. It didn't last very long, picked up a chip and cracked right to the edge of the screen.
Had another fitted by my insurance which was non gen (they wanted something like £250 extra for a genuine screen) so another non genuine went it.
That picked up a chip 6 months later and got repaired at my work)

Non gens never seem to last as long as the originals, or be as durable.

Not much has happened since April. The car is going to be having Pilot Sport 4 tires fitted next week and its MOT.

I am thinking of getting a GT86 or something else rear wheel drive.