Limited Edition cars

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
One thing that I love about some cars are the limited edition versions that make them special.

The trophy, the r27, and so on. This is one thing that Renault got right before they lost their way with the new Clio's. (seen one in the flesh at the dealer, and I really didn't like it, sorry!)

Now, I have always been a lover of the Corsa D, I think they look stunning in white with black roof and wheels, their 'limited edition' model, but you see them everywhere with some 18 year old lad driving them/knocking one out over them/cruising McDonalds in them. Then came the number of this limited edition model. How many? 500? 1000?

According to to the website 'how many left?', there are 23588 limited edition Corsa's left. Vs 417 R27's and 398 Trophy's.

So if I ever want a genuine limited edition, I know to buy Renault and not a make that uses the name for a laugh!

The Vxls started out as Ltd editions however as they were selling so well they changed them to "black & white", "Black & Red", "black & yellow" etc etc editions.

So yes the first thousand or so were Ltd editions however due to popularity they became a "spec".

If you were getting a Corsa D, the ONLY model you (someone who likes limited edition hot hatches!) should be considering is the VXR Arctic, of which there were 500 made and there are only 441 left! Nice cars, and they've got the two-piece Remus exhausts so sound very aggressive too.

It was between the VXR Arctic and my 200 when I was buying. Literally every single review I watched/read favoured the 200 for raw fun and 'that manual feel'...so there was no question for me. However, others would prefer the automated/turbo feel of he VXR, which is fine too. Each to their own!

I definitely see where you're coming from though. Those special edition ones you're talking about are just standard 1.4 litres, right? Nice looking, though.

Don't know how they can get away with calling it Limited Edition. Surely that's got to be some sort of trading standards issue :lol:

The Nurburgring Corsa VXR was meant to be Ltd. Edition also originally wasn't it but Vxl again decided to "unlimit" the numbers?

A mate just swapped his 133 for an arctic and whilst I haven't seen it yet he loves it and it does seem pretty nice, and it's actually limited.

I can see the appeal of the limited edition. If I were 18 and had a bit of money or my parents loved me more it's quite appealing. Looks pretty good and cheap to insure

Ha, think you're right Noddie. 851 Nurburgring editions registered now. I guess it was originally supposed to be 500 like the Arctic?

although bedford are the king of the limited edition Renault did mass produce the limited edition R26 which became a normal spec car, I think mine was number 3270. but the R26 was brilliant so I will forgive them

It's just a shame Renaultsport don't take a leaf from Lotus and produce limited editions that have a bit more performance toys in addition to the colours, name and number.

Official performance add ons that you could get fitted at a main dealer with warranty could improve the appeal of the brand.

Worth also noting that if you want a rare 197 then don't buy an R27 as more were sold than the normal ones.

There's probably less 197/200's put together than the ltd corsa. That's what happens when company's do great deals on little hatchs's....sell like hot cakes!

wonder if the owners of the original clio Williams think about limited editions :coffee: